Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Following] Shuffle Songs from followed Artists

This feature has already been suggested a few times since 2014 (maybe even before that)! 
It's a feature on iTunes since when Britney Spears was a hit (the first time)!
Winamp did it way before that (remember Winamp!?). 

It's 2018… Almost 19 and we're still unable to play songs from every artist we follow in shuffle. I don't want to (and can't even) save every song from every artist on a playlist. Who'd do that?! 

It seems like such a small thing to implement that not doing it seems almost lazy.
I KNOW you aren't lazy. Pleaaaaaase don't let me dooooown!
Thanks 🙂 

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
taylermccracken

I agree I cannot believe spotify does not have this function. It is simple, I follow say...200 artists. I want to be able to listen to all those artists on a simple shuffle. Right now the only way to do this is to go into every single artist's page and add every song to a playlist, that is absolutely crazy! Who has the time to do that? Itunes has had this very simple and easy function for like a decade... I use it daily, it is my favourite way to listen to music. Please implement this. In my opinion, Spotify is almost useless for me without this feature.

taylermccracken

Also like was mentioned in the first comment, there have been hundreds of people asking for this function, archived over the past few years. I think it hasn't been implemented because there are so many people asking for this feature but under different suggestion titles. So many people have asked for this throughout the years, it is silly that this has not been implemented yet.

Lim4

This is a great idea! I just think there should be even more options, e.g. playlists with just certain artists (i think often people listen to a lot of different genres and don't want to shuffle them all together or want to create a playlist of artists that come to a festival even if they don't follow them etc...) - I've seen a lot of similiar suggestions like this in the live ideas, I think this would combine them all the best.

taylermccracken

Yes I agree! Fpr me, spotify is almost pointless without this feature! For years in my Itunes library, I just "shuffle all" and go on with my day. I can't be bothered to make a hundred different playlists or one playlist where I select songs from say all 200 artists I follow. I can't believe Spotify doesn't simply have a shuffle all option. Itunes has had this feature for over a decade, come on Spotify, please implement this!!! This idea has been brought up multiple times on this website, people clearly want this feature! Sometimes it is nice not to have to think about what to listen to, should just be able to hit, "shuffle all"

zchopper62

well I just switched back from iTunes because of family pressure 😂 and finding it very difficult to play music that seemed so intuitive with ios? really trying to make this work but was the same issue as to why I left before  thankfully i am not paying for it this time.

Guillaume49

I fully support this idea!

DarienBarbarian

I would be a premium member if there was this feature to shuffle all the artists I'm following

Buteo

I agree wholeheartedly!

torleif_elske

Hello,

As I wanted this feature too, I've made a web app that allows to automatically create in your Spotify account a shuffled playlist of the bands that you follow. This playlist refreshes every day.

It uses the Spotify Developer API official Spotify API to do so, it's not a hack. It's totally free. It requires that you have a premium (paid) Spotify account though.

If you're interested to try it, it's available here : Shuffled Playlist of Followed Artists 

The Learn more  page should answer most of your questions.

Cheers,

Torleif

robredor

What's the matter with you guys? Unbelievable you don't have that function. It is so obvious. You are letting a lot of people down. I will go search another service. Such a shame.