Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Military / Forces Discount

Spotify currently offer students a 50% discount, yet no forces discount. Spotify should introduce a forces discount for current serving members of the armed forces. 

Updated on 2023-07-06

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
peerlessgt

I see someone has proposed  a discount  for armed forces,   spotify offers  half price for students, what's so special about students? have they contributed to society,  the price is the price, why don't I get a discount?, i'm on a low income... make the price affordable to all, if you can offer it to students at half price, and still make a profit, you can do it for all. but don't give favors for the few,  isn't that Trading Standards act, offering the same product at 2 different prices?    same for everybody, it's the same product....  

longwayround

Glad to see that the chap who decided to be abusive to people who disagree with him has been sent packing.

nalukoa

Daniel Ek is the CEO of Spotify. He has a twitter account with over 100K followers. Maybe everyone should comment on his account and tag/hashtag Daniel Ek and every Spotify account. Then maybe more military and 1st responders will get involved.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2017-10-31

Hey folks! While we don't have any news around a Forces discount, we do think this is a good idea. Please continue to leave your votes and and comments below so we can continue bringing your feedback to our internal teams. Thank you!

Kizzlebears

So glad this is being brought to life. As a U.S. Soldier I think i deserve a small discount on music if students get it. I could really use the premium in the field and when traveling!

wickedwildes

The fact this thread was started in 2013, and military and veterans still do not receive a discount = or > a student discount is un-Fing-believable. All of us put our lives on the line for the country, but can't receive a discount, whereas a student can and does. Blows my mind.

bb01028
And the Students get Hulu thrown in for the same price (Just listen to the
stupid commercials on the unpaid version for a while and they will bash
your head with that!)
Well all the students were the 1st responders at the recent attack in New
York weren't they. Oh got that wrong. No they weren't. The people who
responded get zero recognition from companies like SPOTIFY
hilldawg09
Well, until they do change this, I'm sticking with Amazon Music. Since I
have the yearly subscription, it's only $7.99 and very decent music
quality.

My only thing: How would they verify the status of armed forces members? Cleaners of the Australian Armed Forces offices have *@defence.gov.au emails