Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full screen artwork (for those late nite jams)

So.... it's Friday night, your friends are round, you've sorted your music for the night by queuing a shedload of music.... now we're on 'Play Queue' and I'm stuck looking at the interface - boring! It's time for some atmosphere - no need for fancy visualisers, just give me a 'full screen' option on the artwork for the current song!

Maybe we could even flip it over and read the back cover & credits too!!

Just like the old vinyl days.....

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey @MandaGee this has now been implemented on our Desktop app. If you click on the full screen icon to the right side of the Play Bar, you'll get the artwork in full screen. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.56.19 PM (2).png

Comments
akittler

After 5 years nothing... if this ever came out anythig less than the old (old, old) zune now playing will be a disapointment.

Meatryl

I'd love to have this idea implemented.
I downloaded the Spotify App on my Samsung TV last night and it has an awesome option to have the album art, song name, artist, duration and some controls as a full screen display.

Since it is on a TV, it is a lot simpler and understandably lacking a lot of the desktop features and the easy handling.

Having this full screen display (which apparently already exists in some way) on the desktop version would be very nice.

Cheers

boubrobe7

Whenever people add their thoughts on this topic I get an email update, and I have been getting a lot recently.  You'd think that because this super-useful place to have users post their ideas exists, that Spotify would want to utilize it as much as possible to improve their app and their relations with their customers.  No one can tell you how to enhance something better than those that use it the most.  It is sad to see this great resource go to waste; this idea in particular is obviously one that quite a few people agree with.

LISTEN TO US!

(Maybe if we use all-caps from now on...)

Help us Spotify, you're our only hope.

rupert1020

FULL SCREEN ARTWORK IS A MUST FOR ANY MUSIC APP... oh sorry, I just shouted.

RutgerManger

Would also be great if the sleeve notes were included in the albums. 

Metastable

Every time I get an email about this I'm posting again to reiterate the fact that WE ALL NEED THIS IN OUR LIVES! If everyone else just does the Clicky Clicky and posts in ALL CAPS.... Then the resistance against the aesthetically pleasing UI shall surely fall...

Right?

mazi666
**bleep** YEAH! 😉
mav2k

Come on Spotify developers.... really how hard can this feature be to implement and keep 1000's of your paying customers and supporters happy...?

All we want is a feature you already have on iOS and other platforms, please add the full screen album cover option with current track playing etc...

Many thanks,

Wayne.

Metastable

I R STILL LOOKING AT THE TINY ALBUM ART     /cry

mazi666

Wow! Finally they did it! I just found few seconds ago a full screen button (bottom right)! It's not as nice as "Spotispy" but it works! Thank you spotify team! 🙂 \m/

fullscreen.jpg