Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full screen artwork (for those late nite jams)

So.... it's Friday night, your friends are round, you've sorted your music for the night by queuing a shedload of music.... now we're on 'Play Queue' and I'm stuck looking at the interface - boring! It's time for some atmosphere - no need for fancy visualisers, just give me a 'full screen' option on the artwork for the current song!

Maybe we could even flip it over and read the back cover & credits too!!

Just like the old vinyl days.....

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey @MandaGee this has now been implemented on our Desktop app. If you click on the full screen icon to the right side of the Play Bar, you'll get the artwork in full screen. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.56.19 PM (2).png

Comments

This or a visualizer is needed so badly. 

Its kind of a bummer to have friends over for listening to music on your tv when the background being just the spotify app... kills the mood.

and I have to say Im allmost about to jump ship to  another streaming service because Im missing the visualization so much.

patticakes13

Yes!

Please make a screen for the "Now Playing" songs. I think it would be great to have an option to turn on a music visualizer, like Windows Media Player has. 

When I use my TV for Spotify, it would be great to have a nice screen with album artwork or some kind of music visualization.

Thanks!

-Patti 

dmwilsonkc

Just so you know, this is a no-brainer! It is so simple yet still nothing. Do you want a great example of what your customers want? Take a look at JRiver media center theater view. They nailed it. Be willing to embrace change or watch your business evaporate! Just think Blackberry.

ktait_

I would love to see this implemented

omarjaziz

Can someone more social media savvy post this somewhere so we can "kudos" the sh*t out of this feature?

It's silly that this thread is 6 pages long and still nothing since 2012. 

omarjaziz

yeah, so there's a 3rd party app for it...  Doesn't seem very good, should be a native function.  

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/full-screen-music-for-spotify/id476589056?mt=12

Kapitein187

Still no progress? The chromecast "app" has it. The samsung tv app has it. Why doesnt the desktop version gets it...

RogueOperative

This is the main thing that keeps Spotify from being my primary at-home music player.

bcek9

Please! This was one of my favorite Rdio features. Their interface was so aesthetically pleasing, and the current album could easily be toggled to fullscreen. Please please please improve the beauty here on Spotify and give me a reason not to look elsewhere!

dkirby

Come on Spotify, get with the times.......other apps/products have this feature. Surely there is enough support on this forum thread alone for you to now consider this as wanted by your users.

What is the real reason for you holding back? This discussion has been going since 2012.......catch up guys.