Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full screen artwork (for those late nite jams)

So.... it's Friday night, your friends are round, you've sorted your music for the night by queuing a shedload of music.... now we're on 'Play Queue' and I'm stuck looking at the interface - boring! It's time for some atmosphere - no need for fancy visualisers, just give me a 'full screen' option on the artwork for the current song!

Maybe we could even flip it over and read the back cover & credits too!!

Just like the old vinyl days.....

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey @MandaGee this has now been implemented on our Desktop app. If you click on the full screen icon to the right side of the Play Bar, you'll get the artwork in full screen. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.56.19 PM (2).png

Comments
omarjaziz

I'm out!

I had enough... canceled my subscription moved to Google Play.  They have full screen mode and a bunch of other helpful features, it's modifiable with apps and plug-ins and has an overall better UI.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Instructions-to-import-music-from-Sp...

akittler

I've searching for this feature.

Since this wont happen, this seems to be a great option: http://www.vsxu.com/products/player

Just installed, had to configure according to the "IMPORTANT NOTE - SELECTING A SOUND SOURCE FOR WINDOWS 7" and seems to be working great.

I will be using this on a 60' plasma, so for me is perfect: great visualizar with no static images

Suggested in 2012... And still not implemented... Jesus... Spotify get yo shiz togeather! Other similar streaming services offer this including Apple Music!!!!

MCarp

What if instead of Kudos, we just post fook-yos.  Because seriously?  A full screen button four years later still not done?   How much effort did the zoom feature take on the Win desktop app take?  Any dev could crank out 4 'full screen/entertainment' variants in a day.  I miss winamp.

morethanodd

oh yeah spotify wan'ts all that screen space for free advertizing.  Probably won't happen until music service providers are done fighting it out.  That said, Pandora did it, and they're still a thing.

hans-jürgen

If you scrobble your tracks from Spotify to Last.fm, there is a new external web app offering the same fullscreen "Now playing" feature of the old Last.fm site:

https://wagnaria.xyz/now/

Turning true fullscreen on/off in your browser with F11 works fine as well. Note that sometimes Last.fm does not have an album cover to show, so the screen will just show track and artist name on a black background.

lastfm_wagneria.jpg

The hidden internal feature in Spotify's desktop app which I described elsewhere has been disabled in the meantime, too. The only way to enlarge the album cover for the currently playing song is to drag the sidebar border to the far right now:

spotifydesktop_largealbumcover.gif

Som09mer

I really would like to have the feature for the full screen artwork on the Windows programm (or at least full window, so inside the Spotify Player).

Maybe underneath the cover of the album, the bar for the  settings still visible.

Eventually something like the full screen cover mode on the Playstation 4 which looks quite nice.

BradleyT63

Ofcourse Spotify community moderators don't seem to want to share this wite everyone wanting this fearute but it is realy already available on PC player.  

Just click on the Lyrics link at the bottom next to the end of the song time bar and whola!!!!!

Hope some of you find this tip.  Enjoy!

tommyg82

Yeah thats great and all Bradleyt63, but how do you make that background image behind the lyrics full screen? I'm paying the premium service, so besides having no adverts, it would be nice to display on my computer FULL SCREEN album art, or a photos of the artist that is currently playing without seeing the search bar or friends list or play lists down the side. Even a goofy visulisation like winamp or Itunes have would be great. Kodi and a lot of other media players can do it. I've often got the computer hooked into my plasma tv and resort to turning on the screen saver to reduce the risk of burning the image of the spotify player onto the screen.

MarkieListens

It is nothing short of embarrassing that a platform with the pedigree of Spotify does not provide a proper view of artwork. I don't even care about full screen — just let me see the darn cover without a magnifying glass?!