Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Global HotKeys for Pause/Play, Skip, etc.

It would be nice to have an Global Hotkey so you can pause/play your music while browsing and not switching between screens. Or when you are gaming and you want another song but you don't want to alt tab and stay idle, a (customizable?)  Global Hotkey(i.g. ctrl+shift+right) would be such an great improvement in the usefulness of Spotify.

Updated on 2023-05-23

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
devadevi

Oh god another thing where Spotify totaly ignores users in a looong way.

Cbass02

So much ppl claiming for this feature since almost EVER!!!! for the love of God please ADD THIS FEATURE ASAP!!! it's the only feature that keeps me getting back to Winamp!!! Why this feature keeps staying out of the desktop app, it annoys me each time I have to  switch from my programing and drawing apps to spotify to whether turn up or down the volume or skip to the next/previous track. 

cole_cook13

Spotify update it please!!! We need this its so much easier. 

marcotcamacho

Well, u know, there is some competition out there. It will be nice if at least premium users could get this keybindings. Siri, Cortana and Alexa are very nice at controlling stuff. But there should be other friendly ways for PC/Laptop users.

concernedhobbit

This feature has been in "Not Right Now" state for over 4 years!!!

darrinharville

Please bring global hot keys i hate having to alt tab every time to turn it off when im gaming! this will help so much! 

Caspan

For this reason alone I wont use Spotify as my main music player. I am at work and have a soft phone (meaning my phone is software on my computer). I have a head set that i can play my music on and use as my phone at the same time. When I get a call you are telling me that I have to find Spotify and open it just to pause it is rediclious so I can answer the phone and actually hear the person. No hot keys means no use or pay for Spotify!! Not to mention the fact that you have to minimize to tray using the icon in the tray. How about you jsut allow the option to min to tray when you minimzie the app so it does not clutter up the task bar. the lack of auto play when the app opens... wow do you want me to keep going how bad this app is? and you expect me to pay for this garbge? no thanks, id rather light my head on fire and put it out with a hammer then use your windows app!!!

frequentusernam

Seriously add this feature please.

smmt8712

KUDOS TO SPOTIFY for adding the taskbar that comes up when i raise or lower volume on my Windows 10!!!

you guys are the total **bleep**.  keep rocking forever.

love,

faithful listener

jamesltaylor21

Please get working on this! It would make life so much easier as I do need to pause my music all too often.