[Google Home] Play on specific Device

I've got Google Home and I've got Sonos.

I'd like to be able to say, "Hey Google, play some Jazz music on my Sonos devices"

At the moment, I can get Google Home to play music on my tiny Google Home speaker.

I can then go to Spotify on my PC or phone, and then change the device.

But if I'm doing that, I might as well do that to begin with and not bother with voice commands.

Updated on 2018-01-07

Marked as new idea.

Comments

This needs to happen

I want to play spotify on my main system, not the mini speaker. I shouldn't have to go into my phone to change it back every single time. Or any time.

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-01-07

Marked as new idea.

Hey, is this possibility in the roadmap ?

It would be great, because playing music on the tiny speaker is not a good idea, and the solution isn't buying Google stuff, when you already have a complet speaker system

Yes, I have 5 different speakers that are enabled with Google Assistant. Playing one playlist in the bedroom and a different playlist in the family room would be great. 🙂

This is a great idea. I have a Google Home Mini, with Spotify on a media center PC conected to my hi-fi. It would be great if I could just set the default Spotify playback device to my PC, rather than the tinny speaker on the GP Mini.

sometimes having 600 chromecasts in the house is not feasible, and if I already have spotify connect enabled devices in the house I do not want to have to repurchase new hardware to make something that should already work, work....

Agreed with OP. Spotify + Home Assistant is useless without this feature.

I really just want to be able to say "Hey google, play <song> on my computer" and be able to listen to that with only voice commands. If I wanted to pause it I could say "hey google stop!" and it would stop it on my computer rather then saying it wasnt playing anything or that it had been disconnected from spotify because another devise was using it.

Same feature is missing if the playback device is a receiver with Spotify Connect-support (Yamaha in my case)

Yes Please VERY MUCH!!!  I have two Yamaha receivers with Spotify Connect and no way to have google home play to those. Chromecast and aux in is NOT an option as still requires manually turning on device.