[Google Home] Play on specific Device

I've got Google Home and I've got Sonos.

I'd like to be able to say, "Hey Google, play some Jazz music on my Sonos devices"

At the moment, I can get Google Home to play music on my tiny Google Home speaker.

I can then go to Spotify on my PC or phone, and then change the device.

But if I'm doing that, I might as well do that to begin with and not bother with voice commands.

Updated on 2018-01-07

Marked as new idea.

Comments

PLEASE MAKE THIS A REALITY. I WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO SIGN UP JUST TO WRITE THIS COMMENT. I HAVE TO GO TO MY PHONE. DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF VOICE COMMANDS.

Casual Listener

After listening on my PC I leave the office and jump on my motorbike. When interacting with my phone over bluetooth, I ask it to play music on Spotify, it says "sure" and then nothing happens.

Why? 

Because Spotify is asking which device I'd like to listen on, and that's a modal that appears in the app and there's no way I can interact with it when I'm riding and my phone is in my pocket. I'd love to be able to say, "play spotify on this device" so that it doesn't require this dialogue and I can interact with it completely hands free.

I would like this feature very much, in my case I'm using a Samsung smart tv with a reciever. Also this has been requested before: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Google-Assistant-Play-on-Device-Command/idi-p/1680549

Please implement this. It would be so useful

I would love to have that, and avoid going on my computer or phone every time i need to play something on a Spotify Connect enabled device. For example, to play spotify on a raspotify (Raspberry Pi + raspotify package, based on librespo) plugged on my hifi system by "Hey Google, play music on Raspotify".

This would be wonderful!

My receiver turns on automatically if I select it within the 'Connect to a device' functionality within Spotify.

At this time it's already possible to control Spotify through Google Assistant/Home and being able to choose a connected device (for instance a Spotify Connect enabled receiver) would be a great addition to this feature!

Google Home Mini + Bluesound via Spotify connect please

I want this feature for my yamaha receiver rx-v679. Please

@Rolaids wrote:

Yes Please VERY MUCH!!!  I have two Yamaha receivers with Spotify Connect and no way to have google home play to those. Chromecast and aux in is NOT an option as still requires manually turning on device.

I know this reply is 6 month old, but...

The Chromecast Audio aux is also SPDIF (mini toslink) compatible

So you could connect it with a Mini-TOSLINK to TOSLINK-cable

unnamed.png

Casual Listener

Just got a google home mini and had taken for granted I could control Spotify playing on my yamaha via spotify connect.

Spotify, please add this feature.