[Google Home] Play on specific Device

I've got Google Home and I've got Sonos.

I'd like to be able to say, "Hey Google, play some Jazz music on my Sonos devices"

At the moment, I can get Google Home to play music on my tiny Google Home speaker.

I can then go to Spotify on my PC or phone, and then change the device.

But if I'm doing that, I might as well do that to begin with and not bother with voice commands.

Updated on 2018-01-07

Marked as new idea.

Comments

Agree, please make it possible. Shouldn't be hard to implement this! You have sync for everything except this

I have a Marantz AV receiver that's Spotify-enabled, sounds great, but does not listen to me. I want to voice control my Spotify playback via Google Home and have music be streamed to the AV reciver. Just chatted with support and asked for escalation to a tech person with my question... will post if I get a meaningful answer.

Casual Listener
Please do. Really hope they do this, would make the voice control so much
more meaningful. I wonder if Tidal or some other have this voice feature?
Been wondering to try Tidal out anyway to test lossless audio through my
Yamaha.

Cannot emphasize how useful this would be! Without the ability to do this, I'm looking at a Chromecast Audio solution with some sort of IR blaster component to power on/off the stereo receiver and set the correct input. That's a lot of extra overhead, and then what's the benefit of using Spotify over another service if I'm not utilizing Connect?

i have a similar need, having a Google mini, I would like to voice control to send music either to my pc player (connected to a non smart, but audiophile Nad amp and Cabasse speakers), or to the main room Denon amps (conect comptible) and Triangle speakers. I can do that from my phone, why not using voice command !

So it's been a year now since the last status update... Any chance we could get some more attention on this from the devs please? This is really a must-have feature. It already works like this with Amazon but not with Google, is this a limitation on Google's platform?

Casual Listener

While I'm sure they will have business issues with Google about this due to chromcast audio, I think if I could choose which of my spotify devices's is playing back via Google assistant, it would be great.

I also want to take this time to tell everyone running into this issue to note how spotify responded to people maxing their library or offline music by saying roughly, "Because this affects so few users," which is well into the thousands if you look at the feedback on this forum, "we will not consider fixing this issue."  In similar topics they have stated that the reson they dont fix the maximum issues it is due to, "contractual issues." They've closed multiple topics related to song maximums, and it is not an issue they seem to be considering any time soon.

With all that max song stuff being said:

SPOTIFY PLEASE TAKE NOTE: if the importance of splitting your 9,999 offline songs into three devices is so important, the idea of being able to switch from device to device effortlessly should also be held in equal importance.

Spotify users: I'm sure google or some other streaming service,most likely google or amazon, will have fixed this device switching thing out well before spotify. Both google and amazon will already let you have more offline songs than spotify.

Cheers to all!

Casual Listener

I so miss to be able to tell google assistant what device to play spotify on.

Casual Listener

I want to play and control Spotify on my Yamaha reciever with Spotify Connect, with my Google Home.

No brainer. Make it happen. In fact, it already does this using 'OK Google' commands from my phone, just not from Google Home Mini. Thanks in advance Spotify.