Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Hardware] The Spotify Player

I would like Spotify to develop a (touchscreen if possible) - Hifi system machine with display

I am sick of having my laptop on all day just to play Spotify - or my phone

Please build a product - I can log into Spotify on and leave that on all day - without never needing my laptop or phone again

To give my other devices a rest - I know there are radio's that have 'Spotify connect" on it but the ones I saw require phone connection and internet connection etc unless anyone can comment and recommend something - i do not believe this has been done yet and i hope Spotify or some company capable of creating this does it - cos i think it could be a gold mine for those - worried about the battery life of their devices that shouldn't be used as a cd player in 2020

I would love one that can download my 3k song playlists and store that on it and just play that all night and day etc - so it will need a good amount of storage

Look forward to your replies and hopefully you vote it up - so i can get an official reply

Updated on 2023-03-23

Hey everyone,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here. Please continue to add your votes and support this idea, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
MK0903

In respond to SPOTIFY:

Your decision is weird because you could make a fortune on player like this. Siply team up with SONY and let them instal spotify on they mp3 players and job done. They sel more players and you cash the money for doing nothing. I can guarantee that this will be 100% success.

DO SOMETHING!

yvanandel

An offline mode would be nice to have and save battery.

alexdalva
You do have an offline mode
I use it all the time
Just go to the settings and make sure to download the tracks you want to listen to while offline.
MK0903

Something in old style mp3 player size would be best.

I dont like to have my phone with me all the time.

This is a bit disapointing disrespectfull from SPOTIFY to not even have any  type of resond on this subject from 2015. at the end of the day we are paying SPOTIFY our money so some kind of respond would be nice. since the subject was started in 2015  I would expect for SPOTIFY to get to action with this. There is maybe not many comments here but I know a lot of people how would 100% buy device like that and they do shere my view. 

cl32

juste ecouter de la musique

Lewis92

Do it! Would be a great idea and gifts for people with year subscription etc and would be a great accompaniment to the gym save your phone strapped to your arm etc!! Spotify make this happen 

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Jwgayling

Hi Spotify people!
My 7 year old son loves listening to music on Spotify on my phone, particularly the way it rolls into a radio selection after a chosen song, and I think it’s really inspiring for him, so thank you!
However on my phone there are things that I don’t want him accessing like you tube, the internet etc. And that got me thinking how good it would be if there was a kind of Spotify iPod that only had the ability to access Spotify and no other functions purely a music device?
I might be talking nonsense here, but I think there would be a real hunger for something so purely musical like this.
Anyway thanks for doing a great job!
All the best

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-07-15

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-07-15

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.