Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Hardware] The Spotify Player

I would like Spotify to develop a (touchscreen if possible) - Hifi system machine with display

I am sick of having my laptop on all day just to play Spotify - or my phone

Please build a product - I can log into Spotify on and leave that on all day - without never needing my laptop or phone again

To give my other devices a rest - I know there are radio's that have 'Spotify connect" on it but the ones I saw require phone connection and internet connection etc unless anyone can comment and recommend something - i do not believe this has been done yet and i hope Spotify or some company capable of creating this does it - cos i think it could be a gold mine for those - worried about the battery life of their devices that shouldn't be used as a cd player in 2020

I would love one that can download my 3k song playlists and store that on it and just play that all night and day etc - so it will need a good amount of storage

Look forward to your replies and hopefully you vote it up - so i can get an official reply

Updated on 2023-03-23

Hey everyone,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here. Please continue to add your votes and support this idea, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Leeno

YES!! May I please get a Bluetooth enabled wristband mainly for working out (maybe waterproof for swimming) so I can be free of carrying my phone around? maybe something small and sleek like a Fitbit but works like an iPod nano (no screen just buttons) which gives you the ability to set a playlist in the app. Remember I said please 🙂

ec83

This is exactly my predicament as well! Is there anyway of gaining some intrest in this??

RobAbe

That's what I need to, great idea

radiofc

Anyone got a Mighty music player (https://bemighty.com/products/mighty-vibe)? It seems like it does what I'd like anyway but interested to hear what others have to say about them too....

gklaughlin

I use a Kindle 7 for this purpose. The speaker is poor, so I usually connect to a speaker via bluetooth. The only real problem with using a Kindle 7 for this is the size. If Amazon made a Kindle 5 or Kindle 4, it would fit much better in a pocket. I want a screen to navigate, and as I also use my Kindle to listen to podcast and audiobooks, so the Mighty Vibe doesn't meet my needs.

Luke
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-06-20

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @warnerchild!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

u847ex-_yi27m

Allow the Car Thing to connect to any device, not just a phone. This might allow Car Thing to act as a media console or digital DJ. The device is good looking and compact, which would make it ideal to put by a desktop, speaker system, or listening station to control music.

_Land_

The current spotify Car Thing doesn't connect to pc because I'm guessing it needs ac power. It also doesn't send any data via the usb C cable when it could. Making it able to connect with pc would allow it to work well with pc users and sit on the desk as more of a decoration. 
As it is now the Car Thing costs a lot and doesn't do anything more than you're phone would (and your phone is necessary to use it in the first place), however the pc community loves blowing money on things that make their setup look clean, even if it just says the name of the song. So making the Car thing more compatible with pc would be a great addition.