Announcements

[Hulu] Spotify Family Plan with Hulu

Extend the Student Discount Hulu Subscription to the Family Plan. 

Updated on 2018-09-28

Hey folks,

Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Casual Listener

Similar request but pertaining to Spotify Duo.  I suggest that many more users (couples) would sign up for Duo if there were a Pricing tier above 12.99, for example, ~14.99 that allowed the huge number of us to retain our Hulu/Spotify combo.

I really like the idea of Duo but would never end my current Hulu/Spotify deal of 9.99 in return for less product at a higher cost.  However I'd gladly pay more for an upgraded Duo account if it retained my Hulu basic subscription. 

I guarantee Spotify is losing larger potential Duo subscribers for this exact reason.  Please offer a Duo option with Hulu.  

Thanks

Visitor

I've been a long-time Spotify user and even started my student plan in college 10 years ago! There was no Hulu bundle in those days, but since I've been paying for Spotify family for a few years now... It would be great to be offered the bundle! Especailly since I do not get compensated for my monthly payments from family members. I feel I have poured a lot of money into my Spotify account and it would only be fair to offer Hulu with the family plan.

Unfortunately Spotify has shown no interest in what everyone seems to agree is what should be done for family account owners like myself. As a collective group of like minded people stating our cases and asking for a response, we have never had anyone from Spotify comment on our statements.

Again, Spotify continues to show what terrible / non-existent customer service looks like. I am sorry that our comments have been ignored completely.

I was going to upgrade to a Family plan from Premium today, but apparently I'd lose Hulu.  How much money is Spotify missing out on due to this?  We had a separate Pandora account and were going to consolidate, but it makes no sense to pay more for less music access. 

That's the question many ask. Unfortunately, Spotify has never commented on this string. EVER. Their customer service based on all the people that have taken time to write has been consistently non-existent. I am sorry.