[Hulu] Spotify Family Plan with Hulu

Extend the Student Discount Hulu Subscription to the Family Plan. 

Updated on 2018-09-28

Hey folks,

Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Retspam

Couldn't agree more with this comment - it is unfair to exclude Spotify Premium family plan members from the Hulu offer - maybe if more of us comment it will change.

cashiusclay

Here is a friendly chat I had with SpotifyCares FB account. Seems they don't have any plans and they've sent my feedback to the correct team. Honestly, I don't see myself staying a customer for long if they don't make a change soon. As much as I love Spotify and have been a member for a long time, it would be easier for me to switch to Apple music since I use family share on iTunes anyway. And Hulu would be a nice to have, but I have other options (i.e. Netflix multi-user account and HBO that I get bundled with DirecTV Now).

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png

TylerDFC

I agree 100%. I was excited to sign up for the Hulu package deal but as a Family Premium member I'm excluded. To be blunt, I'm considering cancelling my Spotify subscription entirely and bumping up my Amazon Music to Premium. Very disappointed in this decision.

JoeRock1

I agree totally. How can we make that happen?

teenycupcake

So i have to deactivate my premium for family in order to obtain access to hulu?

iamtito
Yep. That’s what I did. But what sucks about it is that you have to wait u til the end of the current billing cycle for that change to take effect since Spotify bills in advance.
jjj3wright

@JoeRock1 Click the "Vote" button the get this suggestion to 100!

jjj3wright

It's so absurd that they would not offer this bundle to the people who pay the MOST for their service! Kind of makes me want to quit Spotify to be honest...

Rschille

I agree

sguerra1

I'm with you. This is ridiculous. I was about to downgrade over this.