[Hulu] Spotify Family Plan with Hulu

Extend the Student Discount Hulu Subscription to the Family Plan. 

Updated on 2018-09-28

Hey folks,

Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Hello? Spotify? Is anybody out there? This thread has been going for over seven months and not a word from you in response. Pandora just announced their Premium Family option for $14.99 per month with a 60 day free trial. Seems like a no-brainer to check it out. At this point I'm just tired of being ignored and treated as a second class customer here at Spotify.
@Jporter1000 this is classic spotify. There was a big thread last year about how bad their roku app was and they just kept saying "did you try reinstalling?" when it was just a really really really really really bad app. Eventually they just pulled the app from Roku instead of fixing it. #classicspotify. Their answer for me getting hulu back was unsubscribing to Spotify then resigning up... Cause they can't just downgrade me to standard premium for some reason and re-add hulu. It's a joke that you have to cancel and resign up. I'm hoping Apple Music steps their game up because I'm kind of tired of how little Spotify actually seems to do anything useful.
And to add to my last comment, Spotify needs to have a "Warning- You will lose 'service name here' if you upgrade to family!" I would have never upgraded had I got that warning and would have left the wife using her Pandora pro account instead of trying to get us both on Spotify. She's back on Pandora now and I'm waiting for my account to downgrade back to standard premium from family for the Hulu life.
We should start a class action based on this alone .
See photo.
@pandafoo It's ridiculous. They are really handling this badly. And a shame because I really enjoy the service. Call me crazy Spotify, but as a paying customer I take issue with being treated like **bleep**.
Casual Listener

I agree. Was disappointed I couldn’t take advantage of the Hulu bundle just because I have family plan. Doesn’t make sense. 

I agree completely, was about to step up from premium + hulu to family premium+ hulu, but it doesn't exist.  It doesn't make sense, debating on dropping hulu again- wasn't this the point overall?  Is it that Hulu won't allow family sharing, so family won't work?   can someone from Spotify take the time to reply???

Totally agree. Why pay $5 more for spotify family premium just to either give up hulu or pay hulu's $7.99 for basic... rather keep both and pay $5 less to spotify...

I had a similarly unfortunate experience. I signed up for the Hulu bundle and everything was going swimmingly. However, today I expanded my account for Premium for Family and unintentionally over-wrote my Hulu bundle subscription. Now, I am paying more for Family access but did not know I would be cancelling the Hulu bundle package. I intended to purchase both services (Hulu & Premium for Family) but it was not advertized to me that I would be cancelling Hulu. I am fine with paying for both services, but am disappointed that I am now shut out of one. Please expand the bundle to include the upgraded subscriptions!

I was about to submit this as an idea as well. Spotify is missing out on higher subscriptions. I was about to upgrade to Family and didn't when I realized that my Hulu bundle would go away.