[Hulu] Spotify Family Plan with Hulu

Extend the Student Discount Hulu Subscription to the Family Plan. 

Updated on 2018-09-28

Hey folks,

Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
luckeeluv101
Visitor

Why is Spotify family premium still not included with the Hulu offer for Spotify premium? And if this really cannot be given to Spotify family, why is it not promoted right away that it’s only for INDIVIDUAL Spotify premium. I had to dig around to find out that I am not able to get the same deal for Hulu since I have Spotify premium for FAMILY. 

This is very deceiving and is horrible customer service in my opinion. In addition, Spotify always promotes the family account as having the SAME features as Spotify premium for individuals. Literally on their website, under my account review page, it says “As part of Premium for Family you will get all of the premium benefits but at a lower cost.” It is unacceptable to advertise FALSE information as clearly I do NOT receive ALL of the premium benefits. Either consider adding Hulu for Spotify family as well, or stop advertising that the plan is the same as Spotify premium for individuals. 

nepatriots21

Yeah, come on - get with it. Why are you ignoring your users that spend the MOST MONEY?????

pavls

It just sucks excluding us family premium users from the Hulu deal.

After all we are family..:):)

Get your...act together spotify..!!

mcneof3
Visitor

Yes very confusing.  Just decided to upgrade my Spotify for Family and thought Hulu was included.  Now the disappointment that it is not.  Just not sure if I will keep the family plan.  Think it should be included, seems like some sly false advertising to get you in.  

Fionabq92

This HULU should  be applied to family accounts they are paying a premium 

5_0t-3hvriril

I like the idea of having Hulu with the Family subscription. It would make Spotify even better!

dtroxtell
Visitor

I am currently subscribed to HULU with no ads and looking to get Spotify for the family before I ship overseas to Germany (target, MAY, 2019). Would like to see how I can combine them in order to pay one price per month. 

dcbell05

I'm disappointed this doesn't apply to Family, even if you restrict it to one user of the family. I can see the argument as to why it wouldn't be allowed for ALL of the users on the family plan to have access, but I would expect at least one user to be allowed to have Hulu on the account. Or maybe giving a discount on Hulu for people that have the Spotify Family plan.

shawnalane
Casual Listener

I'm a disgruntled Premium for Family subscriber. When we got Hulu with the premium account I was already paying for, we thought "well, that's nice! Let's upgrade to the Family plan!" as a "thank you" to spotify. We had no idea that we'd lose Hulu until we went to watch something. Very unhappy about this. 

Casual Listener

I pay extra for Spotify Family package. So why do people who pay less than I do get the free Hulu access? I just don't understand!