[Hulu] Spotify Family Plan with Hulu

Extend the Student Discount Hulu Subscription to the Family Plan. 

Updated on 2018-09-28

Hey folks,

Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Ariasdan74

OP Agreed! am willing to tack on that additional offer. Why are we excluded from that possibility? 

mikeattbc

I don't know why Spotify is excluding the Family Plan members from the Hulu deal. Spotify already gets more money from the family plan people. I would be happy to add on the monthly equivalent of the extra charge for Hulu.

iamtito

Epic5,

I couldn't have agreed more with you as I am on the same boat. As a matter of fact, I just downgraded from the Premium Family plan (a total of 2 people on the plan) to the basic Premium plan in order to get the bundle but unfortunately, I have to wait until my next billing cycle which is in exactly 7 days for the change to take effect. I even went as far as chatting with a CS representative who wasn't of much help at all. His recommendation was that I downgrade to the Free plan and then upgrade to the basic Premium which doesn't make much sense. He also steered me towards "submitting an idea" which I am glad you beat me to it. Hopefully we can get 100 people to vote on this one ASAP !!!!!! If you think about it, Spotify is on board with allowing a family to share a plan. I think the problem lies with Hulu - they never offered a family plan and I dont think they want to.

jeanine170001

Yes, we recently upgraded to the Family Plan and slashed Hulu from our budget because of it.  We'd love it if the Hulu offer was extended to those of us who spend even more than a non-family Premium account!  Thanks for considering it, Spotify!

brenfrow

I was wondering the same thing!

laurenlind

YES! THIS!!! It makes no sense to exclude the Family Premium Membership holders!

I agree. Right when i saw the deal I thought it was great...until I saw that it did not apply to Spotify Family plan. Spotify...you need to get the Spotify-Family and Hulu thing figured out. I was ready to sign up today...but cant now. I will spread the word to all my other friends that were excited about this...but who have Famly plans. 

Dmntdmnky1

How can ppl who pay for a premium family plan not have some kind of similar deal that combines premium Spotify & Hulu? Like maybe combine family plan & Hulu for 19 or 20 bucks? That's just not fair.

Totally agree...I was gonna sign up today for it then realized my Spotify Family plan was excluded. Yikes! Spotify...fix this please. 

Totally agree...I was gonna sign up today for it then realized my Spotify Family plan was excluded from this deal. Yikes! Spotify...fix this please ASAP! Us Spotify Family plan members want Hulu also.