Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[IFTTT] More Triggers/Options for IFTTT

Can you create more options for ifttt? for Example: if Spotify is playing music... ore if Spotify stop play music... I need it to turn on or off a Hifi system.

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment. We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-07-15

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.

seanclee88

Add triggers that will work with smart home devises like Google Home and Alexa. In example, "Ok google add this song to _____ play list" or when i say "Ok Google, Party Time" to trigger a specific playlist of song, etc.

russianmunkee

Seriously how is this not already a feature!? Please integrate a stop, pause and play functions with IFTTT!! Many thanks! Would love more features to work with Google Home/Amazon Alexa.

cawatkins

I was flabbergasted when I saw that I couldn't create a recipe that would have Alexa play X playlist when prompted with a trigger. Please please turn this on!!

tylerhatley

This should have been the first thing created. Truly disappointed 😞

mizant

Please add the action ADD CURRENT PLAYING SONG TO PLAYLIST [NAME].

This would be so useful and implementing this is so easy!

Aidyb

I'm trying to use a ifttt applet to add tracks to a playlist, it's not going to plan, when the drop down menus to choose a playlist appears it just hangs on "loading" I can not get past this to complete, I've tried on my phone app, browser and PC browser, nothing is loading my playlists, is this a known issue ? Ive searched the help on here and ifttt high and low but can't find an answer....

Thanks in advance for any advice....

mauriciomelo

I really need this feature 🎵

LeonidasJP
Hi there,

I am using a variant of the IFTTT Create a Discover Weekly archive, to archive some of the curated playlists I am subscribed to.
This recipe adds every song added to those curated playlists to one single archive, but without checking if that song is already included in the list.

Is it possible to tweak the Spotify API and allow IFTTT and other third party tools, to only add new songs to a playlist?
liquidbear99

I would love to play a song or playlist through IFTTT