Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[IFTTT] More Triggers/Options for IFTTT

Can you create more options for ifttt? for Example: if Spotify is playing music... ore if Spotify stop play music... I need it to turn on or off a Hifi system.

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment. We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Martinu

triggering Spotify to start playing by using IFTTT would be great. 

frank990

Me too!

Trigger dinner time> spotify plays dinner playlist, hue lights on candelight

Trigger goodnight> spotify stops, hue lights switch off, nuki locks the door, nest goes to 15 degrees

I succeeded to do all, except for the spotify actions.... unbelievable ?

BretWardle

Play Song and Play Playlist seem like they would be use case #1 and #2 to me... am I wrong?

ChrisNilsson

Basic implementations such as play/pause, play a playlist or a song would make the Spotify on IFTTT very useful. I can think of a lot of applets to create if those were working. Right now it can't do much at all unfortunately.

godvater

This is so important! I am trying to create an applet that would allow me to say "Hey Google, it is chill time" which will change my smart lights to a specified color (this works right now) and start playing music from a spotify list.

But the only option on IFTT is to add a track... I don't understand how this is implemented before playing songs... What do users do more? Add songs to their accounts or listen to songs?

There are limitless possibilities and the only thing holding us from achieving this is the lack of a play song action on IFTTT. Please guys this shouldn't be so hard right?

Nilous

Any progress on this?

beat_strandh

Like everybody else, I want "play song" and "play playlist"...

Advocatus

I completely agree. "Ok, Google, 'It's [daughter's] bedtime'" Hue lights to 15%, Play "Sleep, Baby Sleep Playlist", etc etc

Play song, and playlist seems to be very important. My only guess is that Spotify doesn't want to automate playing music (to a possible empty room) because they pay licensing fee.

Dylan_Nesbitt

Absolutely ridiculous that this isnt possible yet, very unhappy spotify this is one of the easiest and most useful things for the user to have. Unbelievable.

Hene33

Camoon!? This can't be true...