Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[IFTTT] More Triggers/Options for IFTTT

Can you create more options for ifttt? for Example: if Spotify is playing music... ore if Spotify stop play music... I need it to turn on or off a Hifi system.

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment. We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Jullee

This would be awesome

Brazill_21

Hi! 

I really wish I could request a single song to be played when running an automation with IFTTT. IE: if I say Alexa trigger Christmas time, then play a Christmas song, then also have other things occur dim lights house lights, turn Christmas tree on and outdoor Christmas lights.

This all is easily done but I can not run an IFTTT to have spotify play a particular track. This is possible with Sonos. Please make this possible!! The automation communities would absolutely love this!!!

tobi1

I would love to get a play/pause and next/previous song action in IFTTT. Becasue I would like to change the music with my Google Home, whereas Spotify is playing on my PC. Or please implement this directly into the Google Assistant. For that: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Spotify-Connect-with-Amazon-Echo-or-G...

econic

Play / pause / pause for x sexonds (e.g. when phone rings) / play playlist

Would be my use cases

connaspiel

Yeah really just hoping for actions to start/stop playing. So when I'm leaving the house I can say ok google see you later and it run's a stringify to shut off my hue lights and stop playing spotify!

econic

@connaspiel also one of my use cases.

Also, being a software developer myself I assume this to be far less complex than the ones already implemented.

At least pause/stop should be fairly easy.

Play could eventually be complicated because i can think of scenarios where it's not obvious WHAT you want to play WHERE. Resuming ten seconds after you stopped is easy. Playing something when my sleep cycle tracker decides to wake me up requires some semantics about the target device and the desired content.

Obviously I would want to specify this as well 😛

Athena159

I would like to play a playlist on my google home.  Ok google, play relax and unwind on my bedroom google home.

Deweythesecond

Please do this. 

TheKey2Growth

absolutely need this basic idea.

If THIS happens, play THAT song.

oykgxroou-_7k

What would be really cool is (for automation using your Google Home/Alexa) is to add the current song to a playlist or something similar. I have been trying to create an applet for this but having no luck (due to my poor understanding of coding:P).