Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[IFTTT] More Triggers/Options for IFTTT

Can you create more options for ifttt? for Example: if Spotify is playing music... ore if Spotify stop play music... I need it to turn on or off a Hifi system.

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment. We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
ProjectVRD

It's been over two years and we still cannot play our own playlists on our devices using IFTTT. How is this even a situation on the world's biggest and most popular music streaming service, do the developers even see these suggestions?

Xylomorph

I've been holding out hope for two years to integrate Spotify into my smart home... I guess its time to shop around for a service that works.

metrai

Please add more actions too:

Play song/playlist etc

fattfill

Seems many years now of requesting trigger for play song / playlist with no visible progres. +1 from me for usefulness. I'm guessing the lack of progress relates to real-time requirement as current triggers aren't affected by delay as much

Phil

smitcolin

why is there still no start/stop/play playlist function in ifttt? I want to intergrate spotify in my smart home. I Is not that hard to make such a function

thegillimonster

It would also be awesome to be able to set an action to play a specific song or playlist.

rodri_blackfyre

It would be great to have a play/pause action.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment. We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Sarcastronaut

No idea how this isnt a thing.  Get a grip, Spotify.

Knagie

It's been over a year now with no changes, at least not that I found were announced/changed. Any way to get podcasts into IFTTT? I am trying to make a list of last played podcasts/duration of podcasts that I listened to during a day. Currently there doesn't seem to be a way to do anything with podcasts in IFTTT.