Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[IFTTT] More Triggers/Options for IFTTT

Can you create more options for ifttt? for Example: if Spotify is playing music... ore if Spotify stop play music... I need it to turn on or off a Hifi system.

Updated on 2019-09-03

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment. We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Songanon

I think more votes will hopefully get more eyes moving. But The IFTTT integration to be able to play music is not ideal. Play and pause Spotify music only works if you manually connect to your google home via a device with Spotify . So I have an applet to change my lights and play music when I say party. The only thing music doesn’t play. It will only play if I manually connect to Spotify via my iPhone. Then asking it to party will make music play. The explanation is still a little vague. Why would this need further integration with google ? Don’t you already allow it to play music on command via voice anyway. Is this an IFTTT integration with google issue more so Thant Spotify .