Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
MoeMcLendon

I absolutely will not make the switch from iTunes to Spotify until richer functionality is added including play count, five-star ratings, ability to interface with iTunes' smart playlists, etc.

I just want the column "Release Date" to be added. I like to sort my playlists by release date and this would be of so much help.

RELEASE DATE

clockwrkbec

BPM!! A recurring theme, asked for for several years now by many users...Spotify, any idea if it will be implemented?

MoeMcLendon

*crickets*

il_Capitano_25

"Status: Good Idea, give it some kudos"

And nothing change.... This kudos system is worthless. Same as the Chromecast "Idea". So many good ideas and so few changes. Sad...

mathieusarrasin

And a columm country would be great too! I love spotify but it could so much more...

nicka74756

every list (Playlist, Your Music Songs...) should have configurable columns (year, genre, trackcount...) as well as list view / thumbnail view options.

The ability to filter the list by any of the fields, whether visable or not, to create 'smart playlists' would be awesome too

j2_718

Please add at least the option to view year - this seems like a fairly basic requirement for a music service!

andreasg201

Defenetively agree with that! I would also like to see something like that in the future.

I would appreciate options to sort from genre and maybe mood too (if algorithm allows to)