Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
il_Capitano_25

"Status: Good Idea, give it some kudos"

How much more till we get this feature? Idea from 2012...

jamiegray

hey spotify, it's 2015... 3 years later and you still haven't listened to your paying customers 

Perin

Hell yeah !

All I want is to change the current nearly USELESS column which shows the date that I added a track.

How many other music apps show this ? Not many. And for good reasons, too.

I don't CARE when I added a track !

What I DO WANT TO KNOW is what year the track was released !!!

If you are not even going to give the option to amend columns then at least include useful ones.

How many people give a toss when THEY added a track ?

How many people care about when the track was originally released ?

Just maybe there is a large difference there.

I don't need to trawl through statistics to KNOW what the answer is.

Meshblorg

And the ability to Sort by column! Especially publish date and popularity

ZENINH0

I totally agree! with all the request on this thread

Crim

Marco?

I followed the trail from my "duplicate suggestion" to one from a year ago that had another link to this one from 2012. What exactly was the point of consolodating to something that has yet to been recognized by Spotify folk for years?

jamiegray

spotify literally doesn't care about good ideas. Hope google play music or apple music takes off.

emrecogulu

A column should be added for BPM value of the song.  

The new "Running" feature proves that Spotify already has the ability to detect BPM of the song, in order to match it with pace and tempo of running. So why not share this info with the users?

Dave104

This is seriously still a **bleep**ing feature request?!  Come on

I curtly use Spotify as my primary music player because it does make listening to new music so much easier, and getting that same variety without an astronomical cost, legaly, is nearly impossibe. But it would make my life much easier if I could sort my music by more fields such as: genre, producer, composer, year, personal play count, recently played, rating.