Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] More Playlist Sorting Options/Columns

Sort options within Spotify are severely lacking.

First, what's lacking outright:

sort by year, total plays, personal playcount, current popularity, genre, tempo, etc.

On top of that, sorting should be stackable, e.g. sort by album by year, or sort artist by total plays, etc.

This could apply to within the artists' pages as well, allowing us to sort through all their songs to better find music that suits our tastes.

Updated on 2020-01-23

Hi folks. Thanks for all your votes and comments. We like this idea, but at the moment we're not planning to do this.

If something should change we'll be sure to come back and provide an update.

Comments
johan59

I really like the BPM/RPM added in a column!

bzero

Yes please!! But in this priority:

- Release Date (YEAR)

All others are less important to me (physical path of local tracks? who cares where they are...)

Bitrate? For what... Spotify is 320kbps anyways, so... Regarding local files: just make sure you rip everything with 320kbps...

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Updated: 2016-04-18

Hey everyone. We're updating this idea to 'Under Consideration' as this has indeed been discussed internally. We aren't promising this feature will be implemented, but we're aware some of our users want more and some less when it comes to column  options to choose from. Thanks for your continued feedback everyone!

saved

Count me in.

The closer we get to iTunes flexibility the better. I have just been reading a request for BPM info to be added to track info. I wouldn't use it, but it should be available for those who want it. It's another example of the possibilities for a more user-definable Spotify. 

Crim

It has only taken a grand total of 4 years, but you know, silver lining. Release year would be great for throwbacks and flashbacks!

Joshua043

Most important missing column would be "Genre", what is a music application without the ability to sort music on genre? +1

saved

@Joshua043 - Hi

Absolutely! Spotify is so bad on the genres front that many of us already screaming for better genre handling.

It would be great if you could add your support here:

Organize Your Music By Genre

That is currently the most active thread on the subject and every vote and comment helps. There are other genre discussions going on as well if you care to search for them. 🙂

As a DJ seriously considering the advantages of Spotify for track discovery and music repository, I need to be able to search not just by genre but also by subgenre. For example, to find the subgenre Drum & Bass within the general genre EDM would be nice; presently, searching by subgenre lists a much smaller selection than I'm able to find by label and artist. If this can be implemented here, and specifically better than Beatport, I'll stick with Spotify because I can hunt for new tracks whenever from my phone.

Just be sure that all tracks actually fit the subgenre you label them with. There isn't much curating and quality control on Beatport, and features for track hunting that Spotify has inherently, Beatport ironically struggles to implement.

JoeReitan

Yes, please, a lot of people love data Spotify! Especially, metadata, please give us the basic info about the info about the music we so love

jamonpolo

It would be great to change the columns that appear in the header. A customizable set of columns where you can add or remove the columns you preffer to appear, configurable from your preferences. Any of the metadata in the song could be candidate for this customizable set of columns.