Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
gotafli

I sent a message over to their twitter account asking why I could not add more music to my "your music" folder and the feature just stopped working.  After messages back and forth on I just reinstall > try the web version > etc.... I finally see in this forum that there is a limit.  I'm baffled at why they did not immediately know the answer to my question and tried different avenues.  I did write them back and asked to not put a limit on a feature and to please add some kind of error message. They really need to bring back the star column as well.

Gvenezia

Yep, I spent a while trying to figure out what was going on with track limits and adding local files to my music so that I could shuffle all of my music together. I did really like Spotify, but the 10,000 limit is ridiculous. I have 12,000 songs in my own collection.

I'm done with Spotify until they greatly expand the limit and facilitate mixing of local and saved songs. Subscription cancelled and I've moved over to Google Play Music. They allow 50,000 songs and can mix together local file songs with saved songs (but there is also an easy way to listen to each by itself). Same price, $9.99 a month.

cyborgguineapig
Add me to the growing list of upset customers. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why albums I was saving would not show up in Recently added. Ultimately this is a huge deal breaker if this is the case.
livejamie

I'm also moving to Google Play Music 

stevmoli

I love everything else about Spotify so much.  This is the only issue for me, but it is becoming more and more frustrating.  If this was fixed I wouldn't see any reason I'd consider another service, but unfortunately I've started to consider other services recently.  I really don't want to leave, but this is a dealbreaker-level issue.  I can't believe there hasn't been another update on this issue yet.  Please, please fix this.

djcjakaho

Pls. ... pls.... Pls........NO limit.....

jmatcuhi

Just hit this limit today after about 4 months as a premium user...I don't save songs, I save albums.  This arbitrary limit is ridiculous!

mike_ferry

A limit on song capacity is ridiculous! I, along with many, many others are paying for a Premium membership and should not have a limit on how big our "collection" can be. I have to limit my taste in music? Wait... not even my taste in music, but I cannot even save all the music from one genre in my "collection". Very disapointed in this... Considering this new Tidal platform but it is 20.00 a month. May be worth it if there is no limit to my music though.

pzb

1 year has passed and still ignored. A few months ago i've cancelled my premium account but i'm still checking out this thread. Should have know better.

tiefling

I had recently re-signed up after a year with Google Play, as the Google Play Music app is really unstable at the moment but I've found this issue and cancelled almost straight away.

I can't seem to find any decent subscription service that has everything right.I'd love for it to be Spotify but when I can't even add all the music I would like to it's just so disapointing.