Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
jazzuboo

I'm not even sure if I've replied to this thread before, although I've visited it many times hoping that something would have changed. Alas, this is not the case.

I stopped paying my subscription a few months ago and started using Google Play Music, simply because of this limitation. My library on Play is now at 15,000 and growing. But I miss Spotify. If you removed this arbitary limit, I would be back in a heartbeat, and I'm sure many others would be too.

Please figure this out Spotify, it can't be all that hard.

Marcochabbi13
I can't believe this is still going. Has spotify even addressed at all? Anyone tried out Apple music yet? I'm doing a 3 month trial for free next month. Don't want too but im SICK of using playlists the last couple of weeks. I'm not going to delete my music to then be able to play new music. Get a grip spotify. The thing is, we don't want to leave you. But you're forcing our hand. Just fix this!!!?
SubzeroSC

The Your Music"" feature was advertised as the place to contain all of your loved music and it failed hard at providing what it was supposed to provide. Adding a limit to the place where ALL of our loved music does not make any sense ANY!!!

I canceled my premium subscription only in protest of this limitation. As there are quite a lot streaming services out there right now I am sure I will leave Spotify for good one day.

SubzeroSC

I suggest anyone interested in bringing this issue to Spotify to start tweeting to @SpotifyCares right now.

Here is the tweet I will be using daily:

Fix this (http://bit.ly/1JBZLjK) guys NOW. It is such a stupid limitation to your service #10kSpotifyLimit

Lets wake them up NOW.

mrzackzadek

YES @SubzeroSC.  I will do the same by tweeting that daily.

i think we also need to get some media attention on this - with all of the press on streaming services in the past few weeks, this should be widely discussed.  Sites like MacRumors, Yahoo, etc should be emailed about this COMPLETELY IGNORED issue...  Shall we all send emails??

ahein1

Yeah okay I need more space and all the restriction is doing is making finding music a hassle.

MV_Morales

No limit of music in your library its like good, 10k its not half what i  want save

toffermorgan

Is anyone from Spotify going to bother with acknowledging this? Because for the time being, it certainly feels like being ignored.

gaz8080

I'm testing out Apple Music now and seems good. Excellent library of course, seems to have everything Spotify has. Not aware of any limit to the number of tracks I can save to My Music. Library organisation is much tidier too

hans-jürgen

Yesterday I read something about a current 25k tracks limit in Apple Music and/or iCloud which will be raised to 100k in the future, so you may hit that limit later.