Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
kgunnells

Although I love Spotify, this limit just caused me to cancel my subscription.  I got tired of having to decide which music to delete in order to save new music.  I will still use the free version because the Spotify playlists are the best, but Spotify is simply not designed to be a place to build a true music collection and I can no longer pay for a service that doesn't meet my needs.  I think what ticks me off most is how many folks post on here that they hit the limit without even knowing the limit exists.  This should be disclosed up front so people don't spend months or years building a collection that at some point will be of no use.  I will be sending my money to Apple Music because there are no limits and I can fully integrate my personal collection into the service, and not have them all live in a silly Local Files playlist.  I realize that most people won't have a need to save over 10,000 songs and Spotify has made the decision to let people like me leave in order to best serve the majority, and that's fine.  Hopefully one day Spotify will see that it's the people who have these huge collections that are most willing to pay for a service and get rid of, or at least increase, this limit.  If not, those people will continue to leave and use Apple Music, Google, or another service that understands the value of a comprehensive music library. 

SidVicious69

Hey Spotify!  Are you on holidays?  Is this how to deal with issues?  You just ignore them?  Great FKN customer service.  Read what's being posted, for the love of god.   You're losing customers because you just remain silent.  At least say something so we feel like we're not being ignored.  Crikey, if I ran my business like this I'd be OUT of business.  I don't know if anyone told you, but technology is changing by the minute.  You guys better get with the program, or we'll all be on to the next, latest and greatest thing, and people will be saying, yeah Spotify had it going there for awhile, but then they FKD it all up.

rod_law
Please someone from Spotify update us on this, the longer it takes to resolve the more users will hit this limit and be forced to go elsewhere
daveguinane

It is very important this limit is lifted.

Allowing full albums to count as '1 song' would go some way to address this in the short term.

I have followed this thread for some time and spoken to @SpotifyCares on twitter, without receiving a satisfactory update/explanation imo.

With Apple Music tempting people away something needs to happen - for me anyway 🙂

rrudolphjr

Spotify please uncap.

computerman11

Seriously? Come on Spotify! I'm about 800 songs away from reaching the cap, and I have no idea what I'm going to do once I reach it. 

fridgemagnet94

Spotify staff marked this idea as "Not Right Now" almost a year ago. I think it's time...

mrzackzadek

WHERES THE RESPONSE?!?!  Is anybody @tweeting SpotfyCares??? We really need to do that ACTIVELY.

rod_law
I think Spotify need to realise that this isn't just a matter of doing what's appeals to the majority of their users , it's about creating a service that has a lasting appeal to justify commiting to Spotify long term. Keeping the limit as it is alienating your biggest fans Spotify.
Sfrieds3

All we want is an explanation for the cap - if it's due to licensing issues, fine, but just be up front with us about it and provide us updates. Spotify, your most loyal users (i.e. the ones who have and keep the most music in their libraries - exactly the people this limit affects) deserve to know the reasoning behind this. If not, you run the risk of them defecting to other services due to the inconvenience. None of the other streaming services have this limit....