Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
jyfjhgkjhl

outstanding. I seriously doubt Spotify can accurately calculate how many of it's users have reached the threshold. 

EilerWessel

I have struggled with my library, and think it might be because of my trackcount - we need to be able to see how much we have if there is a limit, and to get fair warning

Desktop-Need-to-add-usage-stats-so-us-with-large-libraries-can..

gracezag

This wasn't an issue for me until you made the Starred change.  Now I can't add any more songs to My Music and I don't have a good way to keep track of all of my music without using multiple playlists which is really time consuming and frustrating.  I'm very disappointed!  I love Spotify but this is going to force me to research other options.  

ErockerX

Yet another needless limit imposed by Spotify. Cmon guys! Remove the 10k song limit, and the 3,333 offline song limit!

SubzeroSC

This thread feels like it is going to be the next "Chromecast" thread.

Maybe in 3 years we will see this being fixed and announced as a "major" improvement on Spotifys news page as well.

monstertrucker

This is a really frustrating limit to hit.  There's no messaging about it when you hit it, it just appears that the save feature is broken.

I use this feature to save the hidden gems that I hear in my daily listening queue... now that I've hit the limit, it's impossible for me to use Spotify the way that I prefer to use it.

wearedevo

This limit needs to be raised.

Wondra1
Hi, I have been a paying Spotify member for over two years. It wasn't until this week then I ran into problems saving my music. I am now aware of the 10K limit. This is a problem for me and I am very disappointed and Spotify. I have really enjoyed my membership this far, but THIS IS A DEAL BREAKER. I am now looking into other streaming services. I will more than likely cancel with Spotify and start with Apple music.
luckynt13

If anyone from Spotify actually looks at these forums I'd like them to know that this absurd song limit has lost me as a customer.  I'm moving over to Google Play Music where they at least have a 50,000 song limit (though it should still be unlimited).

Google Play Music is unlimited, but the songs you upload personally are limited to 50K.