Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
kidfix

18 months since the last feedback on the issue from staff....how about telling us what the situation is now?!?!?!?! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! 

ekhiel

We need some feedback Spotify!!!!!

Listen to your customers please !

Asimov

They're not gonna do anything guys: if you, like me, can't stand to this insane (for a music lover) limitation just move over to another service. I'm on deezer and I'm so happy now: better catalogue, you can upload your private mp3's and NO LIMITS.

I changed to Google Play Music All Access, same 10 €, as good content as Spotify and actually you can grow it yourself by uploading albums are not on any streaming service in your country at all and listen these on every device. And no limits on playlists, collections etc. And they have betetr Web Player. I have on Spotify list 905 songs and I can't open playlist on web player, I need to wait loading forever... minute at least. On Google Play I have almost 818 tracks and playlist opens in ONE SECOND in Web Player... So I can skip to the bottom of list using END button in no time. Spotify's one I need to scroll manually until it loads all. And it is much work.

So I will not use Spotify often now. Only for few releases are not on Google.

rednblu

What do you mean by "NO LIMITS"? -- on Deezer-- compared to Spotify?

Do you mean NO LIMITS on pictures of albums?

I find no Spotify limits whatsovever on Artists, AlbumNames, or TrackNames.  I search and sort my Spotify 100,000 track MusicLibrary on-line with one second response-time-- often searching and sorting on Artist, Album, and Track-- and I encounter absolutely no limit-- none.

Maybe you would like Spotify to stuff all 100,000 tracks into YourMusic-- but the only advantage I can see would be lots of irrelevant album pictures stuffed into YourMusic that would make it even slower than the ObjectionableMolasses that it is at 9,000 tracks.

nAAAx

Don't feed him/her

hans-jürgen

Concerning Deezer, they have a new Windows 10 app that runs on all devices with Windows 10, i.e. desktop, tablets and Windows phones. It is simpler with less features than their web player, but works good on my old desktop PC. You can install it from the Windows 10 store.

And Deezer has a 1k tracks limit for playlists, but none for the saved albums in your library.

Yes, many need music to store as collection. Just for having it. I think it is important.

Meyborg

This sucks! 

I'm using and paying for Spotify for a long time (at least 3 years) now and have reached the limit now. I did not know about this upfront. But as I've now reached the limit I feel this is a becoming a mayor problem for me. I don't like to delete stuff out of my library, just to get space for a new entry. This is totally against the idea of keeping a library.  I'm afraid I will have to check out apple music, tidal etc. to see if they have a library limit.

Hi. Some music services is not having library limits.