Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Instagram] Show own Cover Art of shared Playlist

It would be siiiiick if sharing playlists to ig stories showed my uploaded playlist artwork instead of the first four album artworks. 🤷🏻‍♂️ just sayin

Who's with me?

Updated on 2022-07-14

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience and votes for this idea.

We're happy to announce that users on iOSAndroid, and Desktop devices can now share a preview of their playlist with custom cover art on their InstagramFacebook, and Snapchat stories.

We're rolling this feature out in a few markets right now, but we hope to see it available in more places in the near future, so no worries if you don't see it just yet.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
peterwrote

make this happennnnnnnn ❤️ ❤️

mkmkmk

How long is this gonna take? Such a buzzkill sharing the 4 panel cover on IG stories 😞

blue_lonny

Why does it only do this with custom playlists? If you share an official spotify playlist it always shows the cover art. Is it because of some sort of legal issue?

PanicAtTheBen

Would like to understand how/why this is an issue. Is it the bandwidth of sending the images to IG? Does IG have custom API for accepting playlists from Spotify? 

For that matter, how are the 4-panel album cover images made? When I make a playlist, does a script run to fetch those images and make one composition image? Lots of questions. 

You guys keep taking features away, subtle things that long term subscribers like myself miss. The thing about us early adopters though, is we aren’t afraid to try something new. 

JuxtaJarred

Yes please. Honestly this makes the feature useless in my opinion as I'm not going to share something that looks as unprofessional as the default 4 image tiled logo. Real question is why wasn't this within the original scope of the feature?

pietrofxq1

I was actually surprise that this isn't working as intended. If the playlist has a custom artwork it makes no sense to share to instagram stories with a different one.

beyzakrtl

Uhh that would be amazing if we could do that! That's a part of the vibe of the playlis come on ❤️

eufoeni
Yes x 987519285
hi_im_ishka

Yes! I hope this happens, it being the standard four tile is actually stopping me from sharing the playlist cause it looks wack which is not only lame for me but also not really in spotifys best interest I'd imagine.

Hoping they add this feature soon

tdpnw

We're with you bro!