Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Instagram] Show own Cover Art of shared Playlist

It would be siiiiick if sharing playlists to ig stories showed my uploaded playlist artwork instead of the first four album artworks. 🤷🏻‍♂️ just sayin

Who's with me?

Updated on 2022-07-14

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience and votes for this idea.

We're happy to announce that users on iOSAndroid, and Desktop devices can now share a preview of their playlist with custom cover art on their InstagramFacebook, and Snapchat stories.

We're rolling this feature out in a few markets right now, but we hope to see it available in more places in the near future, so no worries if you don't see it just yet.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
JonTatt

Added my vote to this.  Over a year old this request, and it still hasn't been done.  If we as users or record label's are taking the time to drive our fans to Spotify platform rather than other DSP's through social media engagements, then you need to make this work. Not all users want Spotify curated playlists y'know!

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-09-10

Hey folks, 

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

muchotakeiteasy

there is no reason this feature should be unavailable.  seems like an easy add.  would defenitely help create continuity with branding as music is incorporated 

jlisk

Attention everyone, there's a way to show your playlist artwork on IG stories!

Share from Spotify to IG, then copy artwork from photos and paste as if its a text. 

Read more instructions here: https://thepreviewapp.com/insta-story-trick-copy-paste-feature/

haetamattamimy

I noticed that it works for iOS because I saw it on my friend's Story but this is not available for Android yet? Please make it happen!

vandal82
The way it works for iOS is copying the photo on your phone, sharing the
playlist as an Instagram story but except for typing over the post, you tap
to type and paste the image over the existing photo.

Try it out and let us know if you can do that for Android.
logainablaarr

We are in 2020 and this still isnt a thing. C'mon now Spotify.

gabrieljavier01

They really need to add this feature. The year's 2020 and why do we still not have this????

AndyHarris

How is possible Nicky Romero can share his playlist with the artwork he's set and not us?

vandal82
If you’re using iOS you can copy the cover image from your camera roll.
Share the playlist onto your Instagram story from from within Spotify and
paste the cover image created over the playlist grid image. Make sense?
Pretty easy.