Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Instagram] Show own Cover Art of shared Playlist

It would be siiiiick if sharing playlists to ig stories showed my uploaded playlist artwork instead of the first four album artworks. 🤷🏻‍♂️ just sayin

Who's with me?

Updated on 2022-07-14

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience and votes for this idea.

We're happy to announce that users on iOSAndroid, and Desktop devices can now share a preview of their playlist with custom cover art on their InstagramFacebook, and Snapchat stories.

We're rolling this feature out in a few markets right now, but we hope to see it available in more places in the near future, so no worries if you don't see it just yet.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
AndyHarris
It worked, soo cool!
Arroyero

Oddly it works correctly when sharing to other apps, such as Whatsapp...

I’m sorry but I call BS on the whole “we are unable to integrate this feature”. I have a friend who makes handfuls of playlists and uploads her own photos and when she shares them on Instagram, it legitimately shows her custom artwork on the playlist in her story. 

saumyabansal
They changed the status to "not right now" WHATT?!!!!
LarsK4

This should definitely be implemented as I find that most of my listeners do not take the time to read the description of my playlists. When I convinced some of them to use their laptop to follow, they all responded that the pictures gave them a better idea of the playlist vibe, but said they prefer to listen to music via mobile. Along with that I think it would be a great way for friends to use artwork from some of their friends. This would allow more artists to express their creativity and maybe in turn bring more listeners to the Spotify community. 

geremymsantos

BUMP!

BilgehanDuman

It's really needed to be done, I take time to create custom artwork for my playlist and when it comes to sharing it on instagram what I get is 4-grid album covers... No, I want to show what I created, please add this feature of sharing custom artwork to Spotify, it'd enhance the user experience!

lilyreneeh

this seems like an obvious thing, is there a reason it hasn't been implemented?

Whatupg

Hi! 

Just wanted to ask if this has advanced in any direction? This way for example smaller/single users could also provide "Cover pic" for upcoming artists or just make their artwork pop in instagram stories. 

Really hope we get this feature! 

Stay safe! 

jChong28

Any updates on this one? Please make this happen!!!