Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Instagram] Show own Cover Art of shared Playlist

It would be siiiiick if sharing playlists to ig stories showed my uploaded playlist artwork instead of the first four album artworks. 🤷🏻‍♂️ just sayin

Who's with me?

Updated on 2022-07-14

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience and votes for this idea.

We're happy to announce that users on iOSAndroid, and Desktop devices can now share a preview of their playlist with custom cover art on their InstagramFacebook, and Snapchat stories.

We're rolling this feature out in a few markets right now, but we hope to see it available in more places in the near future, so no worries if you don't see it just yet.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
SoundShots

I totally agree! 

Gio27

ABSOLUTELY 1000 AGREE. WHAT IS THE POINT OF MAKING A CUSTOM PLAYLIST IF YOU CAN'SHARE IT...ALSO YOU CAN DO IT ON FB TROUGH DESKTOP...WHY NOT ON IG?

eufoeni

French narrator voice from Spongebob*  Twu Years laaayta

BAGAGE

Spotify would look sooo much better on instagram!

paulohenriquee0

"We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users."
1573 votes RIGHT NOW

Now what?

caseylaynea

YES YES YES!!!! Please!!!!! I want to post all of my playlists on my instagram story....but the fact that it won't use my art and automatically goes to the 4 song grid makes me like...meh, nevermind. Adding this feature would ultimately draw more people to Spotify! PLEASE!!!!

Cryptogram

Jus make the app cooler! Let ppl do what they want, make cover art**bleep**! Hello, remember mixtapes? Still better than spotify and you've been around for how many years? wth.. you're so behind.

BiteyCroco

Yeah, it's annoying to look at. I rather show off my neat, personalized playlist cover art than those four random album arts. 

Ryancarmody81

PLEASE make this a thing. So annoying that it only shows the top four songs **bleep** it makes it look so lame I don’t even bother sharing my playlists.

CarlosE526

Thanks for this. Spotify needs to optimize many things regarding their playlists. Playlists are quickly becoming a legitimate artistic work of compilation and anthologizing. Custom covers and elaborate/eloquent descriptions (over 300 characters and readable in the mobile app) are vital for this type of work.