Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Instagram] Show own Cover Art of shared Playlist

It would be siiiiick if sharing playlists to ig stories showed my uploaded playlist artwork instead of the first four album artworks. 🤷🏻‍♂️ just sayin

Who's with me?

Updated on 2022-07-14

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience and votes for this idea.

We're happy to announce that users on iOSAndroid, and Desktop devices can now share a preview of their playlist with custom cover art on their InstagramFacebook, and Snapchat stories.

We're rolling this feature out in a few markets right now, but we hope to see it available in more places in the near future, so no worries if you don't see it just yet.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
justaguy92

I have been working hours to prepare a playlist. Both for songs and artwork and right know I see that, I cannot share it with the cover I designed.....

Please make this a thing guys...

Oddzero

Would be amazing to have this option!

jonnybostonjazz

This would indeed be very useful! 🙏🙌🎷

iamipa

Yes please I would also love this feature! 

csamms

Why on earth would this not be the default? I spent time on my custom cover. I want the world to see it!

wλved

How is that not a thing. It makes perfect sense. 

Teufeli

Wow it's been more than 2 years now and still nothing changed? How can this not be default? And also: If I want to share a playlist, the 4x4 grid isn't even updated upon changes in the playlist. It doesen't show the first 4 songs of the playlist, and it even shows songs I removed...

xBee

Almost 2000 votes and still nothing? Like the person above me said, the four albums on the cover aren't even from the first four songs. Spotify needs to do something about this.

Justusvh

So recently I wanted to share my brandnew playlist on Instagram. I realised after a few minutes of research that its not possible to share my playlist whith the artwork i created, Instead it had those four song covers which are set by default.

In my Opinion this is a great feature which is easy to implement.

I would be very happy if you guys could upvote this comment so Spotify will probably see it and implement the feature!

Kind regards

Justus

gerboue

I have a workaround for this problem, it's not the best quality, but at least is far better than the 4 album covers.

1. Share your playlist from Spotify as an Instagram story

2. When you get to the "4 album screen", add the picture sticker to your story, it will let you take a picture from your phone and will let you choose 3 kind of frames.

3. Take a picture of your cover from the screen of your computer, (if the cover has text, flip the text horizontally)

4. Share your story to your followers!!, it will have the Spotify playlist link and your playlist cover in it!!

Here is my Instagram username if you want to see how it looks: @gerardoboue