[LG webos][Other] Prevent LG tv apps screen saver coming on during spotify

Fairly straightforward - LG tv Automatically switches screensaver on during Spotify playing - should be able to stop it

Updated on 2019-11-14

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Related Ideas

Comments
KiwiAcer

I love having the Spotify App on my LG 2018 OLED Smart TV, but there is a problem with the TV's screensaver activating after a couple minutes of listening to a song.  Even when Genius lyrics are displayed the screen saver activates. 

I have checked with LG and they said there is no setting to deactivate the screen saver.  Is there something the app developers can do to prevent the screen saver activating?

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-17

Marked as new idea.

Xirforever
Casual Listener

Yeah I agree, screen saver is very annoying when Spotify is playing

gabovanlugo

I agree to this too.

Ironically, I still have a Chromecast connected (even when I know it's not needed having a SmartTV). That option doesn't activate the screen saver. I would love that Spotify App on LG TVs to have an option to do so.

b-zks3ye_p3q4

This would be amazing. 

Codykeck

They have the screensaver activate to reduce the chance of burn in since spotify is pretty static for the most part. They probably don’t let us disable it for that reason. 

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-11-12

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-11-14

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.