Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Language] Catalan Translation

UPDATE: It's finally here!!! Spotify in Catalan! Thank you all! Meanwhile, I will wait to close the idea until all app versions (including Desktop and Web) are available in Catalan. Thanks!

-------------------

It's been a while since Spotify has become a mass service used here in Catalonia. For years, different users have asked if it would be possible to have the different Spotify apps available in Catalan, our language.

It's not hard to have the desktop apps (Win, Mac, Linux, Web) and the mobile apps (Android, iOS, Windows Phone...) translated into Catalan. A lot of other services and apps have included Catalan years ago (services and products from Google, Apple, Microsoft, Mozilla... already include it).

We understand that Spotify AB has enough resources to translate their apps and services to Catalan. Why Belgians, Canadians and Swiss can have the apps in two different languages and in Spain there is only one option? Why people in Andorra don't have the option to choose their official language, Catalan?

Updated on 2023-01-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Catalan is now available on mobile, desktop and web player! 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better.

Comments
Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-10-04

Hey folks, 

Spotify staff here. 

We wanted to post an update, as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We take many factors into consideration when localizing our app, and website. We’ve passed your feedback on internally, but at the moment we don’t have any further information to share on this. 

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas, and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.
The Community Team.
aleixvidal

It would be interesting to know which are these factors.

We take many factors into consideration when localizing our app, and website.

Thanks for convincing me to keep my subscription in Google Play Music instead of bringing it to Spotify.

@Staff wrote:

Updated on 2018-10-04

Hey folks, 

Spotify staff here. 

We wanted to post an update, as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We take many factors into consideration when localizing our app, and website. We’ve passed your feedback on internally, but at the moment we don’t have any further information to share on this. 

fito
OneByBoo

Would be great to have many countries apps translated.

Hfuhyugk

Hi!

Yes please we need it in Catalan, Vasco and Gallego, all those languages are spoken in Spain. Everyone speaks Spanish but it's better that each community had their language implemented.

Juagar

There are only two languages in spain? People from catalonia (spain), forget that we also have Galician and Basque for example.

And about Catalan...Which variant of Catalan? There are some differences among the catalan spoken in Mallorca, Barcelona and Valencia for example.

From my point of view, all spaniards understand spanish, I think spotify efforts can go in other direction

sq4kct3z5kzb59c

It's a pity that an app as big as Spotify can't be enjoyed in Catalan, specially knowing the fact that it's been localised almost since day one to languages with a less number of speakers.

I will have to stick to English.

BernieLeckwith

so status is 'NOT RIGHT NOW', you can't even vote for it. The polite way for 'we really don't care'.

Carrasclet

I'm premium user for more than 10 years and still waiting for.

Hope that it come soon.

Thanks!