Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LightOS] Support Lightphone 2

I've been using Spotify for years and I recently have moved to a more minimalist type of "smart" phone called LightPhone 2. I just wish there was a way to download spotify music and podcasts to my phone. 

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Nate38

We NEED this

Gugl

It seems that the idea has completely died and everyone forgot about it, too bad. Spotify being too much dependant over social medias

vsundin17

Are there any updates on this matter? I would LOVE a streaming option on the light phone! 

sarahhrdymon

my iphone xs max is on its way out, and i cant afford a brand new one. im 20 and havent used social media in a year. the only thing holding me back from getting this phone is that it doesnt have spotify. Add spotify and im 1000% sold. i cant live without it.

closeau1972

I don't understand why there is no progress for spotify on light OS with almost 2000 likes to this proposal! What are Spotify doing?

Nate38
Congrats on not being on social media in a year, it takes a lot of
self-control to that.
Vwilliams

Please make this happen. I love Spotify but I need to dump my smart phone and the light phone 2 would be perfect if we can get Spotify support. 

iamtheamaznazn

Hoping to see this idea visited and work on in the future! The LightPhone is, imo, the best option that people like us have for an alternative to the traditional smartphone, allowing us to untether ourselves from the "always connected" lifestyle, and to be able to listen to our favorite music on this platform with the LightPhone would be a godsend.

CrisDC

I want to add my name to request a spotify app for the light phone. 
A spotify app on the light phone would be perfect for us.

We might even cancel spotify and go back to buying music to putvon the lightphone so we can escape from all the nonsense of fake news, click bait, and negativity on “social” media.

thankfridayitsfaith

It's been a year, any follow-up?