Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[LightOS] Support Lightphone 2

I've been using Spotify for years and I recently have moved to a more minimalist type of "smart" phone called LightPhone 2. I just wish there was a way to download spotify music and podcasts to my phone. 

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Gh0stinthemachine

+1 I would love to move to a minimal device, and Spotify is a key part of why I can't currently, I need my phone to be my audio source, even if it has limited features compared to the 'full' Spotify experience on richer devices

browell

I am switching to a light phone and would love to be able to integrate spotify with it - the sooner the better! Even a minimal spotify player with the ability to access a few playlists would be great

ghko996

Just want to add in and keep this idea alive, as this would make my life sooo much easier. 😄

littleboy1

I currently have a flip phone because I couldn't handle iPhones and the current-day phones with all the stimulation and being bombarted constantly. Sacrificed my availability to music, playlists and inspiration as a user and artist for a better, more stable life and I have not regretted it. To bring Spotify as an option for the LightPhone I think would be a great thing for the world as well as for Spotify. Heres to a healthier life for all. 

Banjoben

A little worried about Spotify not considering the light phone as a business opportunity. I had an I phone 8 + and haven’t upgraded since 8 +’s came out. I decided I wanted to get back into reading and I couldn’t stop getting distracted by my phone. In that moment I remembered one of my friends that got this phone and I thought it was so cool and got one myself. The only thing I would need for this to be the ultimate phone, is for Spotify to pull its big boy pants up and work a deal out with light phone soon!! Please!!!!! Also, I know some other people who are interested in ditching their apple devices too, so more proof of why should do something so me and the bros can jam out in the car still!

MindfulPursuit

Hey there- any updates on this feature? I am switching to a Light phone & am so hoping Spotify will be compatible! Thanks 

Starryeyez024

I adore Spotify but I feel like I need the light phone so I'd have to walk away from Spotify if I make the switch. Please make this a possibility! Just use Car Mode, which is already simplified. 🙂 

boyle006

Are there plans to add a light phone 2 interface? Spotify is the closest product to an analog music experience that I can find. My only problem is I want to carry it around with me, just not on a smartphone.

prefer having my time back to focus on music, and not on a smartphone.

hopefully you are actively working to solve this addiction for so many. 

music good - social media and click-bait = no bueno

qlaureijs
suggesting https://bemighty.com as an alternative. You do need a smart
phone to synchonise spotify playlist. But since spotify will not implement
or allow this feature in LightOS, this is a good alternative that I used
with my teenage daughters. They could listen to their music and had a
light-phone. It's a bit primitive and elaborate but it works.
dmwbn50_8-xyd

Spotify is one of the most essential apps for a lot of people, that want to switch to a dumb phone of any kind, if Spotify was on a wide array of all dumb phone platforms, it’s one of the big 3 or 5 that keep people on their smartphone, please open up to this!!