Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Spotify in Notification Center

It would be cool to get a feature we can turn on to have song changes display in the Notification Center on OS X!

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
osrl

👎

@tom, may we know why Spotify has refused to implement this feature since 2012? Especially when Spotify offers the same feature on Windows? It makes no sense to refuse to implement such a common-sense feature that has been requested by many people over an 8-year period of time. I am aware that 3rd-party applications that allow me to get a notification of when a track changes exist out there, but I am a customer of Spotify and would like a direct Spotify implementation of this feature; especially when macOS offers the possibility to add this feature. At this point, I feel forced to trust some random 3rd-party application, just because Spotify has continued to refuse to implement such a feature on macOS, while offering it on Windows. Makes absolutely no sense, on so many levels...

realdobby

Status change in 2040: we are starting to think about it

As Spotify became available in my country recently I decided to try it and was quite surprised that it doesn't show up any notifications upon the song change. Especially when the same feature is available in Ubuntu.

Come on, Spotify... That's so easy. Give me an access to the code. I'll do it fo ya.

Vec

PEOPLE OF 2012 — HELLO FROM 2020!

Can you imagine, nothing has changed here since 2012.

benrito

Spotify please do this. It will be more convenient for us Spotify users on MacOS and you could potentially pull in many more Mac users by doing this.

anakinfan8

With the Apple Silicon version's first beta being released I think we need this feature now more than ever!