Announcements

Make 'New Releases' on the genres page available for Ukraine

I am a big fan of the option to look at the New Releases by the specific genre.

And it's turned out that Spotify already has this feature available for some countries. If used in those countries, usually, this page can be found like that: Search -> Hip-Hop -> scroll down a bit -> New releases.

Or via link https://open.spotify.com/genre/hiphop-releases

But right now the New Releases page is not available in Ukraine

Updated on 2020-08-27

Hey there, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! I’ve marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here 🙂

Comments
Noah
Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-08-27

Hey there, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! I’ve marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here 🙂

Den_dp
Casual Listener

So my vision is - Spotify thinks that people in Ukraine have very special expectations about the New Releases tab under the Hip-Hop section (which is mistaken) and that's why we don't see it.

By "mistaken" I mean the fact that New Releases for hip-hop is just a collection of new releases from a variety of worldwide artists, and in general this page is equally the same for most of the world.

Also, I did an investigation and found, that Spotify in some European countries and Russia already have this page visible/enabled (can be found in Browse > Hip-Hop > New Releases), and, interestingly, It contains exactly the same artists as the New Releases for the USA.

So if the "Hip-Hop > New Releases" page works as-is for Europe, Russia, and the USA, why it can't be enabled for Ukraine? 🤷‍

romaniv
Regular

+1

Related Ideas