Announcements

Make a playlist based off of tempo for running/workouts!

Spotify has an amazing amount of resources - they could analyze the tempo of songs then offer up songs with the same tempo, which is really useful for runners/anyone trying to do cardio. And it would be wonderful if Spotify took a moment to consider how important and difficult exercising regularly is, and that they could choose to help hundreds of thousands of users out here by facilitating an accessible antidepressant/anti anxiety tool.

Please think about how much power you have to create an effective solution here. I really love using your app and hope that you can transparently talk about this with the many people who love the work you do.

Updated on 2021-04-06

Hey @Chughes88888888,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

This sounds like a repost of this idea.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

You might also be interested in this similar idea. And lastly you can try searching for the tempo you'd like since we already have some Spotify created genre playlists that are available.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-04-06

Hey @Chughes88888888,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

This sounds like a repost of this idea.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

You might also be interested in this similar idea. And lastly you can try searching for the tempo you'd like since we already have some Spotify created genre playlists that are available.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

maeveynot
Casual Listener

Hey there! Suggestion if you have a lot of songs that you might want to use and don't mind scrolling through them a bit:

Go to http://sortyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com/

Load up your playlist, and then click on the BPM column to sort. Then go back to Spotify and start playing at the tempo you want, or just delete the songs that are too fast or too slow.

This tool is really invaluable, let's spread the word about it so Spotify knows it helps users. Hope this helps!

vickyramirezy

Not just for running! When I go to a song radio it's usually because I want the same vibe of the song again. But it never works. I might look for more upbeat pop, but instead, I get another song by the same artist (a song that probably already is on my liked songs) that is kind of depression music. I'm so angry whenever this happens; Istopped using song radios almost completely. 

I feel like so much of said vibe is in the tempo. Please.