Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] 'All Offline Tracks' in Main Menu

It would be really easy and smart to have a single option in the main Mobile menu that says "All Downloads," and to allow users to filter this list by album, artist, label, compilation or playlist. 

So much easier than the current method of having to find downloads via routes you already created. More importantly, your current avenues for seeing what has been downloaded does not always reveal all downloaded content -- even if it has been downloaded and marked "available offline."

Updated on 2019-12-04

Hi everyone.

It's now possible to filter Playlists, Albums and Podcasts by Downloads. Since this was the core of this idea we're setting this to Implemented.

Compound ideas are often hard to set to implemented because of the combination of requests, to that end, if anyone would like additional features we recommend creating a new and separate idea per feature.

Thanks.

Comments
jrozdeba

Spotify - it makes no sense to remove the downloads folder.  Why would you take away something that is offers convenience and works perfectly fine? 

coolry

100% agree with previous comments.....this was my #1 favorite feature on the app!  I'm in NYC and underground on the subways all the time, which forces me to use my Spotify app primarily in offline mode.  It's now much more challenging to get to my downloaded music.  PLEASE bring this feature back!!

mofongotron

I relied on being able to easily access downlaoded music when I want to save mobile data ond go offline. I have been using this feature for at least 1.5 years on iOS. 

It makes no sense to deliberately remove the downlaods tab while still being able to to download music. This was an incredible misstep that should be immedeately fixed. In the end, this just hurts the user experience. 

andrewmueller

The option to download a song or album is still front and center in the UI but the ability to find what you downloaded is hidden behind filters. That's a #UX fail.

The "downloads" category was very helpful for me and I suspect for anyone who uses the app frequently without internet connection. I do so numerous times a week when I run — usually in area with poor reception — and while on airplanes. I'd love to see you add it back into the UI.

Thanks for considering this.

faqhiavelli

It’s crazy to have had a “downloads” button on the main menu only to take it away! How are we supposed to easily access the downloads when out and about or more importantly when in the car? We can’t all be online alll the time and taking away the downloads button effectively renders Spotify useless / dangerous while driving. 

HunterDeva

I fully agree. Just having a simple 'downloaded' playlist would suffice.

Boybronson

Hi Spotify,

Please bring back the "Downloads" tab on Library page iphone app.

It was an essential feature that I used daily.

When you are offline a list of all the downloaded content in one place is really useful.

It's also really useful to manage your memory usage and quickly free up space.

Anjelicas

I still can't understand why the songs I add to my playlists aren't then accessible via any other category e.g. artists, albums, songs. Even if it's a downloaded song in a playlist I can't see it if I go to "Your Library" and then "Songs". It makes no sense. If I add a song to a playlist and download it I shouldn't have to then click the "save" button just so I can see how many songs I have by the same artist.... 

carlosdunick

Hey Spotify,

You still have not be brought back the downloads tab.

You guys took away the best feature of the paid version.

pmquack

This is huge usability issue in my opinion. I feel like the experience got worse recently with the removal of the Downloads list. The hidden filter is both hard to initially find and easy to forget that it's on.