[Mobile] Allow Premium users the choice of having "Play" instead of "Shuffle Play" button.

Over 2.5 years ago, a Spotify user suggested allowing Premium users the choice of having "Play" instead of "Shuffle Play" as the default green button appearing over any album, artist, playlist etc.  To make this UI more inuitive, don't just repeat your mantra of instructing users to simply click on the first song.  The big green button draws people to click it (think visual semantics here, folks) and it is integral to the "Free" user experience for Spotify.  To make the Premium experience more appealing, and intuitive as a UI, let us have the option to change that button.

Spotify, don't let this idea linger another 2.5 years sumply because it didn't garner enough kudos when first suggested in January of 2016.  

Thanks,

- A new Spotify Premuim user 

Updated on 2018-08-28

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-08-28

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

unseenlarks
Roadie

i just chatted with a support agent about this, and she told me to post here. i found this thread, which is my issue as well.

having a dedicated "play" button would reflect what we premium users should be able to do without any extra steps--which is to play albums/lists without having to shuffle.

this would be fair, especially for those of us without larger phone screens, something that forces us to scroll down to the first song.

obviously, hitting "shuffle" means getting a random song, even without having shuffle activated. which is not what the premium experience is about. it should remain an option for those who like it, of course. but perhaps more people with agree with what OP said. just adding my voice to it.

MadmanOnWheels
Roadie

Let me be clear, taking away the "Shuffle Play" button makes no sense, unless it is an option, only. Those, wanting to remove it, are not considering others. And they, that don't want a button at all, can just press the first song (which is not a mantra-it's just logic). For the ones that don't want a "Shuffle Play" button, but still want a button, see my comment from another post, below. This doesn't need to only be for premium users, either.

What makes the most sense, beside or in addition to giving people the option to remove the "SHUFFLE PLAY" button, is what is in the attached picture, or something to that affect.Shuffle Button Solution (edit 4)-1.jpg"SHUFFLE PLAY" Button Solution (part 1)

Part 2 is the option to remove it, but that would still leave the other half (the "PLAY" button (replacing it or the same size and just centered).

I hope this comment, above, works as a solution for everyone. Basically, the "Play" button would form into a centered pill shape, once the "Shuffle Play" part of the button is removed. We, who want to shuffle, need the "Shuffle Play" button to start songs playing. This is the only way that everyone would be happy; it considers all sides.

markwcol

Love it. Spotify please listen

MadmanOnWheels
Roadie

Hey, Markwcol

Was that for the poster or me?

unseenlarks
Roadie

agreed. for premium users a dedicated play button would bring a feature which makes sense, it fits with what our plan includes. and free users should also have the option... i think that their having ads in-between songs is already enough.

so IMO, they should also get the chance to play in order, or shuffle, if possible... i mean that, even if unrelated songs might play in-between, at least the actual album would be in order. it'd be something.

also, v. cool idea re: dual button--no additional screen space taken up.