[Mobile] Always show 'Saved to Library' Icon

There seems to be no easy way to know if a song has already been added to the library when browsing or playing through albums or playlists. The only way seems to be clicking the "..." icon to open up the menu.

It seems to me that free accounts provide this feature on the Android app through the heart icon, but it is gone as soon as you upgrade to Premium and is not available in the web interface, free or paid.

Please add some kind of marker to the song in playlist/album view, such as a the heart icon next to the song name or showing the song in a different the font color.

Updated on 2018-07-28

Marked as new idea.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-28

Marked as new idea.

horekuk
Casual Listener

Bring back abilty to see what songs you've added in an album at a glance on handheld!

YES, I know this has been suggested before, of course it has. They took an extremely useful feature and removed it for no good reason, people have been annoyed ever since (but I guess not enough people??). Most of the old star features have been implemented back into the desktop version anyway, so why not just do that on Android too, I just don't get it  (I imagine this is problably a problem on iOS also).

The ability to star songs I like on an album has been a big part of the user experience for me and many others for a long time, it's what we've been used to for over two decades now, from way before Spotify came around (since Winamp, via Itunes and Windows Media Player, etc). The thrill of finding out you've starred more than half the songs on an album, and realizing you have a gem on your hands, never gets old. Something we didn't have back in the day, an improvement to the listening experience some might say. Like the CD player's ability to skip a song, or, before that, the ability to listen through a whole album undisturbed with the cassette tape. It was basically the equivalent of marking a track off a record cover with a pen, except way more useful.

The old Spotify expectedly carried on this feature (as it copied most of Itunes' looks and features anyway), no big deal, certainly not something you'd think you'd miss one day, it's just a staple with media library players. Then, this feature was removed in 2014 and replaced with a Saved songs system, which would have been fine if they had only kept all the old features!

YES, I know you can download all your saved tracks and have it visualized that way, but as a previous (now closed) "idea" pointed out, some of us have thousands of songs added, and there's no way I'm downloading all that to my phone. The idea for the abilty to only download some saved songs has been declined by Spotify (I guess Spotify wants us to be less interested in music and stop liking and discovering so much stuff, it must be really annoying for them to have to improve their product all the time when they're busy monopolizing the music industry).