Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
If you were interested in adding functionality then it would make sense you
would do so. But it makes no sense to remove functionality (shuffle all)
in order to add functionality. I'm sorry, but the explanation comes across
as pretty lame. Can't it be both/and? Now that you've heard it is
seriously missed, can't you say 'oops, sorry - we'll reinstate it while we
work on adding functionality? Really, would it be that hard to acknowledge
your blew this on and to rectify it?

Low usage? Really? It doesn't sound like the many responses here suggest
low usage. Do you or do you not see that many of your loyal, paying
customers are seriously upset with you?

Are you listening? Do you care? It feels like we're being jerked around
and that frankly you don't care. I deal professionally with many people
all the time and if I treated them the way it feels you are treating us I
would not be able to survive. I personally find the way you've been
handling this is offensive and unprofessional.

At a minimum a sincere apology, a little bit of humility, a sense caring
and a desire to keep loyal paying customers would go a long, long way.

Based on the non-responsiveness of Spotify so far, I am afraid I don't even
expect a response now. Very sad.

lboisset

**bleep** please bring it back!

cwldk

Why remove perfectly good features. I have organized my whole music library on playlists with individual albums or sub-genres in folders containing the "master" genre! With this VERY STUPID removal i cannot listen to fx. my Classical music in shuffle - but instead have to chose to listen to either piano sonates, acoustic, opera etc.

THIS IS REALLY CORRUPTING THE WAY I USE THE APP - VERY DISSATISFYING!

atamick

Please bring this back.

epunc

This hurts bad.

My entire musical life was built on this feature.

All playlists organized by genre, activity, mood.

Playlists organized into folders.

Folders shuffled depending on life activity at the moment.

Music meticulously organized on a weekly basis.

Happiest I have ever been with music in my entire life.

Now, in order to grasp at this level of happiness I would have to destroy all my music organization and dump everything into a few playlists, which would then be impossible to manage because they would have zero organization.

This is the only app I use that has ever *REMOVED* a feature thereby literally destroying a huge portion of my quality of life. And that’s not being dramatic, that’s a fact.

If you don’t bring back this feature, please introduce some new method for organizing our music and allowing us to shuffle play from within that organization.

Thank you.

fitz4naps

I can't believe that keeping the feature of shuffling songs in a playlist folder " took a lot of resources to maintain ".  The " golden handcuffs " that keep me from going to Apple Music is my playlists. 

I plug my iPhone into my Bluetooth on my car and "shuffle all songs in playlist folder". 

Its awesome and it a safer way to drive. If your engineer's can't figure out how to save this simple feature, might be time to drop Spotify !!

smores

The folder system was the only reason I switched from google play music to spotify...

sharkdad

Are you kidding me? It takes too many resources? Do it in the app then rather than server side, FFS. Losing features I depend on is INFURIATING. Why do I pay for this service..

onlinedave

Please bring back also the search function inside folders! 

tio10

To remove the option to play folders in the app completely destroys the way I'm using spotify. My whole system is built around folders. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours making spcecific artist-lists and other types of lists so I can add or remove enitre lists from my "play-folder". I can play for days without having to to touch the music lists themselves. This is the worst thing you removed so far. My spotify is shattered to pieces. Here, play 30 min there and 23 min here. No thanks!