Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
mrothstein

Removing this feature was the worst idea that Spotify has ever had? Why would you do this? Someone actually recommended this in a meeting and people voted yes? Please put the feature back and stop removing features people actually like.

caprycee

How long do you think the old app version will keep working for?

This is the only reason Im still hoding out with Spotify. It would be nice of Spotify to give us a new update at least.

msparks923

I had always used the Shuffle Folders feature as a basis for my playlist organization, but had gotten away from using it lately, listening to whole albums. Decided to re-organize everything from scratch with a new hirearchy, started last night and spent a few hours on it. Got in the car today and found out it was all a waste of time because Spotify decided to eliminate yet another useful feature. I've NEVER seen a piece of software or app that started out with all the features I could ever want, and then gradually remove the functionality. All the others were annoyances, but this essentially breaks the entire service for people who used it. And I'm sure there are plenty of people who spent WAY more time than me on organizing it.

Well, since Spotify is giving me an $8 discount on my family plan every month for the next year, I think I'll try Google Play for a while. At a minimum, they will let me upload the few thousand tracks I have that aren't streaming, and hopefully they wont keep trying to replace them with the wrong recording like Spotify does. As long as I'm starting over entirely on playlists, I might as well give them a shot. Maybe I'll be back.

imsjry

Since these forums are clearly just for users to complain to each other, has anyone figured out the best method to actually relay our feedback to Spotify directly?! All these comments are "peeing in the wind" as they say. 

mrothstein
i contacted spotify directly and they recommended i put my comment in here
mrothstein
i contacted spotify directly and they recommended i put my comment in here
tjgriggs
Me too. Just a blow off. They're doing nothing.
tjgriggs
Me too. Just a blow off. They're doing nothing.
tjgriggs
Agreed.
tjgriggs
Agreed.