Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
amthna

This is unbelievably stupid. Cancelling my membership.

gtharting

Are you kidding me?  Why would Spotify remove this feature?  I too used this every day to shuffle my playlists of film scores and creating a separate playlist of the folder items is an extra step that should not be required.  Please bring the shuffle all on playlist folders back!

gtharting

Anyone have any tips for reverting to the previous version of the Spotify app on iOS?  Seriously considering restoring and turning off automatic updates until they sort this mess out, they clearly need to put this feature back.  The fact that there have been no responses from Spotify as to WHY this feature was removed is very frustrating and one can only assume it was somehow costing them more money (though I struggle to come up with a valid reason why this would be).  I've only been on Spotify premium for 3 months now as a trial deal, but I might just cancel now before they start charging me.  Too bad, I've grown to like it quite a bit but like everyone on this thread I find the shuffling of folders of playlists the best way to listen on mobile.  A valuable lesson learned here is to limit the time and effort put into organizing your music on a streaming service because they can negate all your hard work with one stupid change like this!

mrgraczyk

Removing this makes not a drop of sense. One of the best features Spotify had. Hope they bring it back soon!

landscraper75

They obviously don't care and this feature isn't coming back.

I'm testing Google Play music right now. It's the same price both for individuals and family and they have a 60 day free trial 

It lets you put multiple playlists into a queue and shuffle them. It's not quite as convenient as having them in a folder but it's better than what Spotify currently offers

Spotify doesn't care about feedback, only money. They won't even explain why this feature was removed. 

ezwizard

UN-BE-LIE-VA-BLE... I was already spending days searching for the Shuffle button within my IOS Spotify app. Indeed, as for a lot of other users on this forum, it is my MOST used feature within the Spotify mobile IOS app. Create playlists, create folders with specific playlists, and then SHUFFLE those playlists...

I am very disappointed about the sudden absence of this crticial feature, and it seems a lot of (paying) users agree. But I am even more disappointed about the respons from Spotify so far. A forum full of complaints, and the "new idea" of getting this main feature back asap has been given status "not at the moment"? 

I can't seem to grasp why this was done, but I do see the (growing) agony it causes amongst premium users...

sfinger100

I am canceling my subsription also. Pandora just updated their options to be able to download music. I will look at Google Play also. What a horrible decision

sfinger100

And the suggestion to copy to a new folder doesn't work as some of the playlists I use get updated regularly and the new folder wouldn't be updated

Additional comment/question (I vented enough on a post here a few days ago so I won't comment about them having frustratingly and foolishly broken what was previoulsy a good program):

Someone indicated in this thread that you could go back to a previous version of Spotify for Android that still had the Shuffle feature - i.e. a version before they foolishly broke a good program.  Where would I find a previous version to install?
Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

amundln

Many users probably never touched this feature, and I understand that Spotify wants to avoid feature creep. But to some, me included, the ability to play from all playlists in a folder is absolutely crucial to the way we use the service.

Because of the the 10,000 song limit I have my whole collection in folders, and I used the shuffle feature every single day. 

PLEASE bring this back.