Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
thedarkcloak

My guess is it's a developer making an arbitrary call without taking even these forums into account. Having worked in software for 10 years myself, I've seen this sort of thing happen all the time where devs think they know better than their users and end up causing a lot of upset for them instead of listening, which ultimately ends up causing twice the amount of work.

DerMarcellus

It is really bad that the engine from spotify has problems to shuffle. You are the biggest music streaming service in the world and your engine is too slow ? really ?

I allready moved to Deezer, they don't have this problem. 

At Deezer you can Shuffle all your music library or only your downloads.

I recommend to all users in this forum, go to deezer and let spotify alone with this silly answers !!!

1naturalace

BRING IT BACK!!!!!

bobleny

I'm really surprised this feature was removed, however I feel frustrated by the complete lack of options.

Either of these would be satisfactory for me-

Ability to shuffle a playlist into my existing queue (e.g. Click "Shuffle Play" on one play list, got to another and click "Shuffle to Queue").

Or even the ability to "Save" a playlist (i.e. add all the songs in the playlist to your "Songs").

On a somewhat related note: this "Save" song/album concept was/is really confusing to me. I only recently realized it wasn't a broken feature; I couldn't figure out what it did. I really thought the "Songs", "Albums", and "Artists" lists were generated based on my playlists (i.e. like my iPod did). I wasn't expecting it to be a filter for my "Saved", (not saved in a playlist though), song.

Does anyone at spotify even read these at this point?

ig13525

Getting rid of shuffle is the worst idea ever. I won’t use this app until it returns.

CeDeKa

Hi SandroQC, Thanks for your app. I have one question: the new created playlist cannot have more than 11.000 songs in it, is that correct? In the original Spotify-version there was no limit to shuffle the playlist in a folder.

Guzmandingo

Seeing as how following multiple playlists is a flagship feature of Spotify, a Shuffle All function within a playlist folder is absolutely needed on Mobile. This is the one feature I would love to have on the go, why this is desktop-only beats me.

Tre4Ev
Spotify don't give a flying funk about what it's users want
LeoCqt

Hey, 

I use every day the shuffling all songs in a playlist folder in my PC and I want use it too in my Iphone.

Please can you get back this fonctionality ?

thank you

NickPG

The ability to shuffle all songs in all playlists in a folder is a sorely missed feature on iOS - this was a favorite feature for long car journeys