Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Bring back Thumbs up/down in radio

Spotify took away the thumbs up and down options on radio stations. Does that make you as mad as I am. I spent dozen of hours optimizing all my radio stations and now they are useless as Spotify basically plays whatever they want to play on them. It's become just like one of their own playlist. Gone all my beautiful radio stations. 

I chatted with customer support and here is what they said:

"Sorry to hear you're missing your thumbs up and down Radio, and I can see backstage this is due to the recent Spotify update. We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall."

If you are dissatisfied, help get this feature back by liking this post. 

Thanks! 

Updated on 2021-06-28

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange!

We looked into this further and agreed that this feedback is valuable. Furthermore, the Idea has gathered the necessary amount of votes and should now be reaching the internal teams at Spotify.

We'll keep monitoring and checking out the comments here, too. As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Ina-wholikessoft60s

I chose Spotify over other music apps because it had this function.

I have music taste that no one seems to share so it is essential for me to be able to tell Spotify: "please use all these seemingly random songs and recommend new ones based solely on algorithm for tone, speed and emotion instead of popularity". 

Example: I like soft folky music that is not sad and often but not always from the 60s/70s. That used to work amazingly. Now I choose "Here come the sun" and because other people loving the Beatles also like heavy psychedelic 60s, my Playlist is crazy.

TLDR: thumbs up and down was the only way to use Spotify's multiple categorization algorithms excluding popularity. 

Satumo

Came back to check the status of this, after a good while 💀

**bleep**. Yeah, I guess I'm not coming back to Spotify. You've made your statement. - And I like my services customizable.

For those who miss the thumbs up/down, I suggest you just jump on board of some other app. Plenty of other music streaming softwares offer this feature. 

Akash_AS

It's better to switch to Yt/Amazon music which has this functionality. Spotify is ignoring their paying customers right now

TheKamikazeSquirrel

Posted in 2019, reply from Spotify in 2021. Now in 2022 still no thumbs up/down and liked from radio playlist option… Any update?

llamalurv

There was no valid reason to remove the thumbs down feature. I’m my opinion, this was the worst update to ever happen to the “radio” ability through Spotify. It no longer feels like the app is able to help people like myself, who want to discover new artists/songs and curate said radio station with a starting track or artist. The removal seems like it was intended to hide the dislike just YouTube did, and so that people wouldn’t just band wagon from others opinions and viewpoints and mass thumbs down. We pay a price to use this app, and as a user for over 5 years it’s annoying to see an app I’ve cherished for this entire time to side with that type of mentality. Bring back the thumbs down, and allow us as users to curate our radio stations like we did before. Who cares if it doesn’t generate as much revenue due to us sticking to our tried and true songs/artists. It’s our right to be able to say wether or not we like the song, and be curated more music that we do. Do your job and focus on the betterment of individual users rather than the mainstream who seem to be a bunch of snowflakes who can’t bear to hear what they produce as content is hot garbage. Please and thank you.