Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Bring back Thumbs up/down in radio

Spotify took away the thumbs up and down options on radio stations. Does that make you as mad as I am. I spent dozen of hours optimizing all my radio stations and now they are useless as Spotify basically plays whatever they want to play on them. It's become just like one of their own playlist. Gone all my beautiful radio stations. 

I chatted with customer support and here is what they said:

"Sorry to hear you're missing your thumbs up and down Radio, and I can see backstage this is due to the recent Spotify update. We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall."

If you are dissatisfied, help get this feature back by liking this post. 

Thanks! 

Updated on 2021-06-28

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange!

We looked into this further and agreed that this feedback is valuable. Furthermore, the Idea has gathered the necessary amount of votes and should now be reaching the internal teams at Spotify.

We'll keep monitoring and checking out the comments here, too. As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
kthurow

I'm also really bummed about the inability to improve my radio stations with the thumbs up/thumbs down and will leave spotify and flock over to whatever platform adds this back first  - just let me know!

randomuser3

Bring back normal radios

eexttb_qw-7n

Yea I would like this festure back as well. I stopped using radio because of this!

Basisto

I'm also very angry. Now it's just ordinary Spotify's playlist, what the difference? I can't decide anymore what I listen to. What te reason to do that? I'm trying to cheat and play a last song in playlist and switch forward and then normal radio starts. But you know what? Radio include just 3 or 4 artist. Whaaaaaaaat? I's never have been so bored. Moreover, when I like songs, after a while all my pleylist include just this songs and it's repeat again and again. Whaaaaaat? Radio for you is something repetitive? For me not. Spotify radios for me was always inspiration of something new, but now bull shiit. I'm just stoped using radio and waiting Apple's update in this summer to switch to Apple music.

Mi4l77

Incredibly frustrating that someone thought removing the thumbs up/down capability was a good idea. Even more frustrating that in order to get it back hundreds or thousands of people will have to complain about. Frankly, not enough people are likely to take he time to do that (ain’t nobody got time for that!).  I have a paid membership to Apple Music along with Spotify. Apple Music’s "Create Station” function is horrible and has been for some time. Spotify has made the decision to switch to the same **bleep**...an unmodifiable playlist.  

So, I decided to check out Tidal and Pandora. Tidal didn’t impress me at all. But Pandora has it all. Awesome radio function, great layout, altogether nice/well organized user interface...basically everything that I loved about Spotify.  So, switching over and canceling Spotify. The loss of one customer is nothing to a big company like Spotify but I wanted to post to spread the word that if you liked Spotify before the last two months of asinine changes, you will love Pandora!  Get your radio back!!!

Lmandley26

This was the best part of spotify, it needs to be brought back asap.

Lmandley26

*pandora had this feature back in the day but wasn't playing newer music. Good to know!! I'm going to switch back to pandora!

JonH2O

Yeah I noticed this too. How do we stop playing the crappy songs that pop in? WE PUT THE SONG IN A PLAYLIST.

see if you select “play radio” from a single song you can’t do it, but if you choose “play radio” from a playlist:9E4A750F-E094-4897-B6F3-A1321524CA8F.jpeg

Bjenkin

They are making everything to flood us with **bleep**/spam music, it's obvious that they get paid for every reproduction but its annoying, and it's more frustrating when you pay for a premium subscription.

LeoRager
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-02-12

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

Marked as new idea 🙂

Changed the title slightly to make it easier to find

/L